Florida Firefighter Assistance Grant Program
ROUND 2 – NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY (Download)
Catalog of State Financial Assistance (CSFA) Project Number: 43006
CSFA Title: Florida Firefighter Assistance Grant Program
Notice of Funding Opportunity Title
FY2019-20 Florida Firefighter Assistance Grant Program
The Firefighter Assistance Grant Program was established by Florida Statute 633.135 and F.A.C. 69A-37.502 to improve the emergency response capability of volunteer fire departments and combination fire departments and provide financial assistance to improve firefighter safety and enable such fire departments to provide firefighting, emergency medical, and rescue services to their communities.
Grant funding is only available for instructor reimbursement for Skills Sign-offs, PPE, SCBA’s, and cost share subsidy for AFG apparatus awards.
For specific information on program priorities and objectives for the FY2019-20 FFAGP, refer to Florida Administrative Code 69A-37.502.
- Total Available Grant Funds: – $1,000,000
- Total Available Grant Funds for Round 2 – $631,449
- Period of Performance Start Date: July 1, 2019
- Period of Performance End Date: June 30, 2020
Eligible applicants are fire service providers organized and operating in the state of Florida as a volunteer or combination fire department and meeting all of the following requirements:
- A fire service provider,
- Organized as a fire department for a consecutive period of not less than five (5) years,
- Recorded as a fire department in the Division’s online electronic database,
- Has a Florida fire department identification (FDID) number,
- Will submit fire incident data for a period of twelve months following the date of grant award,
- Compliant with the Florida Firefighters Occupational Health and Safety Act, and
- Submitted the Florida Fire Service Needs Assessment Survey.
GRANT APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION INFORMATION
KEY DATES AND TIMES
- Opening Date for Submitting Applications: July 8, 2019, 8:00 am, EDT.
- Closing Date for Submitting Applications: July 26, 2019, 5:00 pm EDT.
- ROUND 2 Opening Date for Submitting Applications: Oct 28, 2019, 8:00 am, EDT.
- ROUND 2 Closing Date for Submitting Applications: Nov 8, 2019, 5:00 pm EDT.
In addition to meeting the above requirements, applicants for the Florida Firefighter Assistance Grant Program must complete the following items and submit the Grant Application to: FirefighterGrant@MyFloridaCFO.com
Florida Fire Service Needs Assessment (DFS-K4-2191)
Request a Fire Department Safety Compliance Inspection (if one has not been completed in the past three years) from the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training, Safety Section by sending an e-mail to: FireFighterSafety@MyFloridaCFO.com
- Grant Narrative Self-Evaluation Guide PDF FORMAT
Only one Application Packet should be submitted by each eligible Fire Department.
If you have any questions regarding the Florida Firefighter Assistance Grant Program, send an e-mail to: