Our Miss Tebo wishes changes in the Fire Protection and Related Emergency Services Agreement with Hamilton County, and it is PROOF WE DO NOT HAVE A VIABLE FIRE DEPARTMENT SINCE MR. PITTMAN WAS FORCED OUT. Why? Well because we do not have SUFFICIENT CERTIFIED FIREFIGHTERS and calls today TAKE 45 minutes for someone to respond. But here are the items Ms. Tebo wishes to change which we the Griffins on behalf of all of the Citizens of White Springs hope the Commission will not allow Changes to the Agreement. We need a Fire Department in White Springs, not just a dependency on Genoa’s Fire Department.
- The Town states they have 10 firefighters (I’d love to see the certifications) where 60% must attend monthly BUT NOT COUNTY TRAINING (which was crossed out). The Town is going to lie that they attend monthly training with White Springs and what a joke. If Stacy crossed out “County Training” how does she expect to comply with “will ensure volunteers are familiar with other fire Departments’ apparatus and equipment in Hamilton County.
- She also crossed out “CONFORM WITH ALL HAMILTON STANDARD OPERATING GUIDELINES”. When Mr. Pittman left he took his SOP’s and Mr. Pittman made certain his crew handled the Hamilton SOP’s. There are no SOP’s for White Springs but Stacy Tebo doesn’t wish to conform with Hamilton County’s SOPs.
- Of course she took out this sentence “NON CONFORMANCE MAY RESULT IN NO PAYMENT FOR THE QUARTER. SHOULD THIS OCCUR, THE TOWN MANAGER AND FIRE CHIEF WILL RECEIVE A WRITTEN EXPLANATION”.
- Of course White springs wants their $30,000 annually and $7500 quarterly but they took out a “base rate of $5000 and prorated $2500 for percentage of answered calls”
- The quarterly base of $5,000 and the $2,500 prorated to reflect the total amount of calls answered versus total calls for service was also taken out.
Why does Hamilton County have to favor White Springs? We hope the Hamilton County Commissioners will not favor White Springs over other departments by sticking to the original contract. Jennings received the same contract as White Springs, and they signed the Contract and wish to comply. Why does White Springs dare to request favoritism?
This is proof that White Springs does not have a fire department and the only reason we do no is because Rhett Bullard and Stacy Tebo wished to keep Andrew Greene as Assistant Fire Chief with a vehicle for his personal use and credit cards, and Steve Stith was the only one who would comply with such a request.
See you all at the Hamilton County Commissioner’s meeting on December 4th.