Skip to content
Use of the following general rules may help avoid charges of unethical
1. If you think it might be wrong, it is.
2. Don’t get yourself into a situation that “tempts to dishonor.”
3. Is there anyone who gives you something who doesn’t want
or expect something in return, except your mother? (And you
can’t be sure about her.)
4. People don’t give elected officials or government employees
gifts because they like them, but because they want something
– at best, it is a sense of obligation.
5. Can you accept a gift that does not influence you?