- Associate of ArtsSeminole Community College Sanford, FL 1991
- Bachelors of Arts in Political Science, University of FL, Gainesville, FL 1993
- Masters of Public Administration 1996
International Institute of Municipal Clerks; Florida Association of City Clerks; National Notary Association.
- City clerk, CITY OF DeBARY– hr Director performing all human resource management, functions and benefit administration from April 2005.’ 2014 Prepared all agendas and related materials for City Council and City Board/Committee meetings; Assisted in the drafting, advertising, presentation, execution and recording of all City ordinances and resolutions; Supervised the codification of ordinances; Responsible for city website maintenance and webcasting of all Council meetings; Supervised Municipal elections and qualifying candidates; Responsible for public records Requests; Performed research for inquiries from the public, Council and Staff; Answered questions regarding city processes, City Charter, Code of Ordinances, Land Development Code and applicable FL Statutes; Served as RMLO for city during entire tenure; developed and implemented records, management procedures, implemented a city wide records management plan last year; Trained city staff on public records law and State retention guidelines; Served as acting City Manager during manager’s absence; Assisted in Development of the City’s budget; Served as staff liaison to the Historic Preservation Advisory Board and the Charter Review Committee (April 2005-May 2015)
- Zoning Technician, Volusia County, Growth & Resource Management Dept– reviewed building permit application for zoning compliance; maintained variance, rezoning and special exception files and processed applications; provided information to the public regarding the Zoning Ordinance and Land Development Code (October 2004-April 2005).
- Code Enforcement/Licensing Manager– City of Sanford, Planning & Community Development Dept. – directed daily operations of code enforcement & licensing divisions; prepared annual budget for division; Interviewed and hired for the department; Supervised four officers and one secretary; prepared and presented agenda items to the City Commission and Code Board; Prepared ordinances; Proposed monthly condemnations to the City Commission and coordinated entire process with Building Official; Inspected properties for minimum housing standards; Coordinated community functions and represented the City during special events. Served as acting department director in his absence. Laid off in January 2004 due to a reduction in force. (July 2000- January 2004)
- Contracts Coordinator, City of Sanford Planning & Community Development Dept. – Processed applications for various grant programs; Provided client outreach and referrals to other agencies; Prepared monthly reporting to grantee agencies; Prepared work orders for rehabilitation projects and interfaced with contractors (October 1996-March 1998)
- DeBary fires clerk who made discrimination claim
- By Mark Harper
- Published: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 9:08 p.m.
- Last Modified: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 10:57 p.m.
- DEBARY — City Clerk Stacy Tebo, who filed a federal gender discrimination complaint against City Manager Dan Parrott in March, has been fired.
- A termination letter, signed by Parrott and dated last Friday, states Tebo violated 11 city policies. Parrott described four instances when Tebo failed to do her job properly or she overstepped her bounds, according to the letter, released Tuesday to The News-Journal after a public-records request.
- Parrott wrote he requested Tebo send him emails she had provided as part of a records request. After more than a week, she had only provided 101 of 131, Parrott said, adding: “It appears from the emails you provided to me that … there was a deliberate attempt to sanitize the ones you chose to send me and the ones you chose not to send me.”
- Tebo approached Mayor Clint Johnson after a March 18 workshop, speculating about which council members would vote to fire Parrott, and expressing her opinion that she “could convince Council Member (Chris) Carson to vote to terminate the city manager,” the letter states, “potentially violating the open meeting law.”
- Tebo called Councilman Rick Dwyer on April 2, attempting to discuss a confidential City Council meeting, the letter states, adding: “You persisted in your questioning although Councilman Dwyer refused to discuss the issue with you.”
- The letter also alleges Tebo — who in 2014 was in charge of human resources — had failed to thoroughly investigate and report all findings after an employee made a complaint about her boss, and suggests notes that Tebo provided Parrott “appear to have been altered as two different ink colors are used.”
Karin for the blog