TOWN MANAGER PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
ASSISTING COUNCIL WITH ITS POLICY-MAKING ROLE
A. Providing Information 1 2 3 4 5
Each question has a rating of 1 through 5
1. Does the Town Manager keep you informed in a timely manner, of the things you want to know about?
2. Do you feel that you receive information on an equal basis with other council members?
Do reports provide adequate information and analysis to help you make a sound decision?
4. Are agenda items and supporting documents appropriate and brought to Council in sufficient time for deliberation.
5, Does the Town Manager regularly consult with the Mayo before setting the agenda to determine the appropriate topics and timing?
6. Does the Town Manager follow up promptly on Council requests for information or action without having to be reminded?
7. Are Council packets relatively free of error and omissions?
B. PROVIDING ADVICE
1. Does the Town Manager have adequate knowledge of municipal affairs?
2. Does she exercise good judgment?
3. Do you feel that the Town Manager considers alternatives before making recommendations?
4. Does the Town Manager plan ahead, anticipate needs and recognize potential problems?
5. How do you feel about the quality of analysis that accompanies recommendations
6. Does she have a good sense of timing in bringing issues to the Council for Action?
A. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
1. Are you comfortable with the Town Manager’s approach to budget preparation and review?
2. Is the Town Manager effective in controlling costs through economical utilization of manpower, materials and equipment?
3. Does the Town Manager have sufficient knowledge of financial matters?
4. Does the Town Manager provide you with sufficient information on the financial status of the Town Government?
5. Is the budget submitted on time?
B. PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
1. Is the Town Manager successful in guiding people so that they work together as a team toward common objectives
2. Is the Town Manager effective in selecting and placing personnel?
3. Does the Town Manager develop and motivate personnel so that they are increasingly effective in performing their duties?
4. Is the Town Manager willing to face up to disciplinary problems and take action when warranted?
5. Is the Town Manager effective in promoting positive employer-employee relations?
6. Does the Town Manager respond to Council suggestions on employee training, work priorities and productivity? Are the decisions explained to the Council.
C. GETTING THE JOB DONE
1. Do you have the feeling that things the Council decides or directs get done?
2. Does the Town Manager organize or assign work so that it is performed efficiently and effectively?
3. Does the Town Manager pay sufficient attention to detail to avoid error or things “slipping through the cracks”?
4, Does the Town Manager put in sufficient time and effort to perform to your expectations?
5. Does the Town Manager have a good sense of priorities in the way she spends her time on the job?
6. Is the Town Manager able to analyze problems or issues and identify causes, reasons and implications?
7. Does the Town Manager develop and carry out short and long-term action plans?
A. CITIZEN RELATIONS
1. Does the Town Manager generally make a positive impression on citizens and is he/she respected in White Springs?
2. Is he/she effective in handling disputes or complaints involving citizens.
3. Does the Town Manager have appropriate visibilities or identity in the community?
4. Does the Town Manager represent Council positions and policies accurately and effectively.
5. Does the Town Manager give sufficient credit to Council?
6. Does the Town Manager think and act in a manner reflecting an attitude that Client (Council, staff or citizens) perceptions and satisfactions are key?
B. INTERGOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS
1. Is the Town Manager effective representing the Town’s interests in dealing with other agencies?
2. Does the Town Manager participate in enough intergovernmental activity to have an impact on behalf of the Town?
1. Is the Town Managers personality suited to effective performance of her duties.
1. Is the Town Manager easy to talk to?
2. Do you feel he/she is a good listener?
3. Are communications thoughtful, clear and to the point?
4. Eoes the Town Manager show sensitivity to the concerns of others?
C. MANAGEMENT STYLE
1. Does the Town Manager demonstrate interest and enthusiasm in performing her dutues?
2. Does she have sufficient leadership characteristics to command respect and good performance from employees?
3. Does the Town Manager show initiative and creativity in dealing with issues, problems and unusual situations?
4. Is the Town Manager open to new ideas and suggestions for change?
5. Does the Town Manager create an atmosphere in which employees can enjoy working for the Town?
6. Is the Town Manager honest and ethical?
7. Does the Tow n Manager work well under pressure?
8. Is the Town Manager able to change his/her approach to fit new situations?
9. Can the Town Manager consistently put aside personal views and implement Council policy and direction?
List the top three achievements or strong points of the Town Manager for the past twelve(12) months.
List three performance objectives for the Town Manager that you feel are the most important targets for this year.