GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Performs manual and technical activities within the Public Works Department to include road and right of way maintenance and repair, operation and maintenance of light equipment, reading and recording water meter readings.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Animal control-outdoor field work involved in the capture, detention and disposition of stray or unlicensed, uncontrolled, or dangerous animals.
- Enforces local ordinances
- Road maintenance and repair
- Install road signs
- Right of way clearing and mowing
- Loads and unloads heavy materials from trucks
- Moves equipment and large bulky objects
- Operates car/pick-up truck, light equipment and hand tools
- Recording the readings of water meters
- Repair water/sewer lines
- Supervision of inmate labor
- Performs related duties as directed
High School diploma or GED and at least one year esperience with the use of light equipment/power tools.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to become familiar with Town Ordinances
- Knowledge of or ability to become familiar with the geography of the Town
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of mowers and other light equipment and power tools
- Ability to understand and follow both written and oral instructions
- Ability to interact positively with the public
PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
- Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Good vision and hearing
- Exposure to disagreeable environmental factors, such as outside weather conditions, dampness/humidity, heat and cold, noisy and dusty conditions and working in and with moving objects and moving vehicles.
- Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically walking, standing, bending/kneeling, and balancing.