Note he does not nor has he ever had Kevin Pittman’s qualifications or dedication nor is Stacy Tebo, on behalf of the Town requiring the same certifications training and development of Standard Operating procedures as was required of Kevin Pittman. Stacy Tebo continually provides benefits to Chief Stith and his crew from Lake City which our local firefighters never received from Ms. Tebo or the Town. She has totally blotched our fire department by retaining Andrew Greene and Steve Stith who never were dedicated firefighters.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Administrative and professional position responsible for overseeing the combat, inspections, rescues, training and other activities necessary to the provision of fire services to the public.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position
- Supervises the activities of volunteers and paid fire fighters
- Response, assessment and extinguishing of fires
- Maintenance of Fire truck and equipment
- Provides assistance in medical emergencies and vehicular accidents
- Provides or schedules training for fire fighters
Bachelor degree in fire science administration and twelve years of progressively responsible experience, including three years in a major command capacity or an equivalent combination of education training or experience. (WHAT ABOUT FIREFIGHTER I AND FIREFIGHTER II CERTIFICATIONS? THIS IS A JOKE PLACING THIS INFORMATION SO THAT IT FIT’S STEVE STITH’S BACKGROUND WHICH IS AS OLD AS HE IS. 12 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND FIRE SCIENCE NOT REQUIRED BY OTHER CHIEFS WHAT GOOD IS STITH’S EXPERIENCE WHEN HE CAN’T FIGHT A FIRE?)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida Drivers License
State of Florida Firefighters Certification
Florida EMT license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of fire fighting methods
- Knowledge of firefighting tools and equipment
- Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use two way radio
- Ability to effectively plan, direct and supervise others.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional effective working relationship with associates and to interact with all levels of employees, City officials and the public
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, e.g., computer terminals, printers, copy machines, telephone systems, facsimile machines
- Ability to read, update and maintain various records and files.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel
- Good vision and hearing, ability to distinguish basic colors, good depth perception
- Ability to periodically walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods
- Requires frequent bending, balancing, stooping
- Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over)
- Frequent reaching above shoulders and throwing
- Exposure to disagreeable environmental factors, such as outside weather conditions, dampness/humidity, heat and cold, noisy and dusty conditions and working in and with moving objects and moving vehicles
- Frequent exposure to violence, high risk and stressful situations – requires physically fit individual due to the frequent possibility of engaging in physical altercations.