GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Manages the Town’s fiscal affairs and responsible for accounts payable, payroll, central accounting and fixed assets.
SPECIFIED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives cash or deposits, verifies amounts and records receipts
- Prepare, verify and process payment and collection of invoices
- Process accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare daily reconciliations of cash drawers and bank deposit
- Prepare routine journal entries
- Prepare spreadsheets and account reconciliations
- Research financial matters and prepare reports and recommendations
- Prepare quarterly fuel tax refund, 941 and UCT 6 reports
- Prepare weekly payroll as well as annual W-2’s and 1099’s utilizing Quick Books software
- Answer phones and greet public as required
- Provide backup for utility billing and cashiering
- Customer service
- Maintain the fixed asset and surplus property inventory, utilizing customized computer program
- Maintain and update website utilizing FrontPage software
- Assist the Town Manager with the preparation and management of the Town budget
- Prepares reports for the Town Manager and Town Council
- Performs related duties as directed
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years clerical/accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida Drivers License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient with word processing, website and financial/accounting software such as Quickbooks and Front Page
- Knowledge of or ability t learn customized software utilized for fixed asset inventory
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, booking practices and applications
- Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional effective working relationship with associates and to interact with all levels of employees, City officials and the public.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in decision-making and all phases of responsibilities
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, e.g., computer terminals, printers, copy machines, telephone systems, facsimile machines
- Ability to read, update and maintain various records and files.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel
- Good vision and hearing; ability to distinguish basic colors
- Ability to periodically walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods.