CALIFORNIA Legislative Year Closed on Friday.
So what did they accomplish during this high pressure year in Sacramento?
Here are some of the highlights of the session:
* Passed Cap-n-Trade Tax which will increase gas 0.63 to 0.93 cents a gallon change and the taxes that go with it.
* Proposed increase on a new tax every residence will pay for tap water!
* A $3.46B parks bond to pay for parks in “disadvantaged communities”. The debt service alone will be over $200 million a year. The good news is some money goes to help fix the Salton Sea which should have always been a State responsibility!
* Law to release any lifer (murder, rape , child molestation, etc.) who is 60 years old and has already spent 25 years in prison! Charles Manson would have qualified if he just waited a few months before dying; and the Melendez brothers that murdered their parents could be released in about 12 years? Victims?… What victims?
* A new $ 50 charge on all residents living in a mobile home parks to address “living condition enforcement” in those parks? What the hell does that mean? As if having to live in a mobile home park isn’t bad enough? Regressive tax on the poor?
* Requires Tesla to either unionize with the United Auto Workers Union, or forfeit State incentives to buy their electric cars! Maybe political blackmail doesn’t count as breaking any law. Unions are loving it. “Watch out solar companies… They may be coming after you next!!!”
Hang tight Elon!
* Reduce from a felony to a misdemeanor the purposeful intent to transmit the AIDS virus to a unknowing partner
* Give preferential treatment to prisoners convicted of serious crimes that are less than 25 years old because their brains are not mature enough to understand right from wrong. Whaaat?
* A bill to require our true sex be omitted from drivers licenses? Whaaat?
* Free legal services for illegal immigrants.. Of course!
* Establish safe “injection zones” run by government to oversee people injecting heroin!
Of course no rules about filth and street living…probably part of the NEW California life style.