Since the Council is responsible for hiring and firing a Town Manager, and since Rhett Bullard made decisions solely with respect to our Town Manager Stacy Tebo, he is hereby responsible for what has done to the Town of White Springs and its citizens:
- Because of Rhett, White Springs no longer has a viable Fire Department with Certified Firefighters
- Because of Rhett White Springs no longer has a viable Fire Department to perform emergency medical and rescue. Someone is assured to die.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, we lost a wonderful fire chief who actually trained our fireman and had far more experience than the current fire chief, including Hazmat experience.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, a frivolous attempt was made to besmirch Kevin Pittman’s name in spite of a citizen outcry to retain the Fire Department as it was since it was the best in the area.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, no money has every been put aside for the Fire Department or Firefighters. As a result many of the maintenance items were paid for by Kevin Pittman and the Firefighters
- Because of Rhett Bullard, we are depreciating a new fire emergency vehicle due to the fact that it was given to Andrew Greene for his personal use, along with a credit card for expenses and maintenance.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, he did not heed warnings of Andrew Greene’s inability to fight fires and retained him as Assistant Fire Chief, paying him, in spite of the fact that the Greenes rarely showed. The vote of no confidence in its entirety was ignored.
- The Town took over the Special Events committee funds and as a result, we are lucky if we break even with Paige Bullard’s alleged handling.
- Because of Rhett, Helen Miller was defamed and slandered in the Jasper News and Suannee Democrat.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, his power of two along with himself in a quasi judicial hearing voted Helen Miller to forfeit her council seat when all charges were frivolous and made up.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, that forfeiture has now cost the Town in excess of $14,000, inclusive of what was paid to protect Stacy Tebo
- Because of Rhett Bullard, instead of Stacy Tebo paying for her defense, he had the Town pay for said defense.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, one of the brightest young women, Anita Rivers, was fired for no cause except for the fact that she associated with Helen Miller.
- Rhett Bullard allowed the CPA to criticize Anita Rivers in a public meeting for an infraction regarding sewer and water which was not her fault but his Town Manager’s onis.
- Because of Rhett Bullard allowing Stacy Tebo to secure her own attorney in the Rivers’ case to help her get out of a discrimination case, we spent between $25,900 to in excess of $31,000 on attorneys fees to protect Stacy Tebo’s name.
- Because of Rhett Bullard’s deliberate opposition to follow the Laws, we lost our Attorney Fred Koberlein and were unable to find another
- Because of Rhett Bullard, we hired Karen Hatton who may be a fine criminal attorney but is not a civil law attorney and Rhett Bullard had to ask her to apply when no other attorney would.
- Because of Rhett Bullard’s friendship with our CPA, the actual financial statement may have been doctored because it was said we had money; yet, we have borrowed from other accounts to pay legal fees.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, contracts are not followed, including that of Stacy Tebo’s.
- Because of Rhett Bullard and his minions, we are unable to address Stacy Tebo’s drug issues.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, we will not have our roads repaired so we can damage our vehicles because we believe the Fuel Tax which is allocated only to transportation was used for attorney billings.
- Because of Rhett Bullard, we have no transparency in government and he and his minions meet in the darkness prior to meetings
- Because of Rhett Bullard, the power of three ignore all citizen’s complaints, Robert’s Rules of Order and never listen to Attorney’s advice.
There are many more infractions during Rhett Bullard’s tenure such as not giving appropriate notices which were required for a grant and demolition of the Carver school was hidden, but the aforementioned are what will put us in bankruptcy, especially now that the First Circuit Court of Appeals in the Miller’s case has found it legally sufficient to hear Miller’s writ.
I UNDERSTAND FROM THE MEETING LAST NIGHT THAT A SUGGESTION WILL BE MADE UNDER THE CHARTER TO RETAIN OFFICIALS FOR A FOUR YEAR TERM IN LIEU OF TWO YEARS. THAT BEING THE CASE, THE ONLY WAY TO BE RID OF OFFICIALS LIKE RHETT BULLARD, TONJA BROWN AND SPENCER LOFTON IS TO RECALL THEIR POSITIONS.
What are you afraid of Rhett? Get rid of Stacy Tebo or does she have too much dirt on you and as a result you will make the Town Suffer because of your transgressions.
It will also be Rhett’s fault when we have to pay thirteen weeks of Severance to Stacy Tebo especially when he had a chance when she was an at will employee when her contract expired to terminate her employment.
Karin for the blog