WHAT THE COUNCILORS HAVE DONE FOR THE TOWN UNDER RHETT’S REIGN AS MAYOR
The council is no interest in pursuing LDR;regulations; no concern about appearances and safety including those which would be attractive nuisances to children.
No concern in following State Mandates for LDR’s and securing additional revenues from those who violate. They would rather tax you than follow the law.
Our CA neighbors contacted Stacy Tebo regarding the Sutey dwellings. Tebo advised the neighbor they would have to provide photos and addresses. It was not her job and she did not know the location the neighbor was talking about..
Joe Griffin’s complaint about non-compliance of MO98-01 caused Walter McKenzie to chastise Joe, stipulating Joe Griffin’s language caused him to have a hard time agreeing with him. However, it was decided the new budget may include someone to handle ordinances; that is unless all our money goes for legal bills.
The Town’s 2000 ordinance may not be illegal but it certainly is unethical. However, this is normal for a corrupt town such as White Springs. The Council in the November meeting had a review of 2000-08 but elected to retain the 10% charge on all utilities without a new purpose, or a sunset clause. In fact with Rhett Bullard as Mayor, this will probably not be reviewed again because the three do not care what charges are made against the Citizens. This is probably because there is no limit on legal expense and the council, since the laws have not been followed, will probably have more suits than the Dr. Miller suit.
Ordinance 95-3 had the following provision:
“PROVIDED, HOWEVER, that after that certain loan in the original amount of $100,000, made by the Town of White Springs from First Federal Savings Bank of Florida, of Lake City Florida is paid in full that such tax shall not exceed the sum of $5.00 per month on each utility service”
In 1999, the amount that was to have been paid for all utilities AFTER THE LOAN WAS PAID was $7.50, but in 2000, without any purpose or a sunset clause of any kind, the Town charged 10% which may go on forever. Furthermore, the amount received for utilities was never stipulated in a line item on budgets nor on financials previously so that if a person did not review their bills but just paid them, we would have not known that this existed.
Even when we requested the ordinances we only received 95-3 and none of the other ordinances from 1996, 1999 and 2000 until Mrs. Woodard swore at us and they were again demanded from Town hall
WHY DOES THE COUNCIL HAVE THE RIGHT TO RETAIN THIS 10% UTILITY FEE WITHOUT EXPLAINING THE PURPOSE WITHIN THE DOCUMENT ITSELF OR AMENDING THE DOCUMENT. THERE IS NO SUNSET CLAUSE AND THERE IS NO SUGGESTION THAT THIS RATE NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED annually. THE STATUTE ALLOWS SUCH TAXATION IF IT IS REQUIRED TO COVER BUDGETARY ITEMS BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO EXPLAIN IF WHAT WE ARE CHARGING PEOPLE FOR IS ONLY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COUNCIL AND OUR TOWN MANAGER WHO USE UP SUCH FEES IN LEGAL COSTS BECAUSE THEY CANNOT FOLLOW THE LAW.
Here are four councilors who basically accepted the summary but did not revise the article as to a different purpose. I know if Dr. Miller would have been on the council, she would have at least questioned or requested a rewrite. What is the purpose of imposing this 10% Utility Fee on everyone in White Springs?.
In another ordinance:
There are no longer restrictions for animals so White Springs bring us your pigs, your goats, your cattle, your horses, your chickens and any other animal which you wish to keep. p.s. When Joe Griffin asked when we were going to enforce the LDR’s he was told by Mayor Bullard that it was not in Ms. Tebo’s report and that he was out of order.
These people have been voted in and do nothing to assist the citizens of White Springs but tax, tax and tax without a purpose; but we certainly can set aside $7,500 for Stacy Tebo’s attorney at the hearing but we cannot allow Helen Miller to spend $800 for the Beautiful Dreamer’s award during African American History Month. In fact Willie Jefferson scolded Helen Miller for the additional cost because he said White Springs did enough with African American History Month.
AN ORDINANCE PROMULGATING THE RATES TO BE CHARGED FOR USE OF MUNICIPAL WATER AND SEWER SERVICES, AND FOR CONNECTION TO SAID SYSTEMS; ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES FOR COLLECTION OF PAYMENT FOR MUNICIPAL WATER AND SEWER SERVICES; PROMULGATING REQUIREMENTS FOR CONNECTION AND MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS; PROHIBITING FREE SERVICE; PROHIBITING PRIVATE POTABLE WELLS; AMENDING RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE COLLECTION RATE; PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
The Town shall have a lien on such lot or parcel of land for such cost, which lien shall be of equal dignity with the lien of state and county and municipal taxes. Such lien may be foreclosed by the Town in the same manner provided by the laws of Florida for the foreclosure of mortgages upon real estate.
- Beginning with effective date of this Ordinance, any person or entity desiring to connect to the water system of the Town of White Springs for a residential location shall pay to the Town before such connection, a connection fee in the amount of $750 if the connection sought to be made is made inside t no new water account shall be opened nor Municipal water be made available to any person seeking to have Municipal water turned on to his premises until said person or entity shall first deposit, against future billings the sum of $300.00.he territorial boundaries of the Town of White Springs, Florida.
I n the event that any customer becomes two (2) months delinquent, the Town shall apply the customer’s deposit to the customer’s delinquent bill. Further, in the event the customer’s water is turned off for failure to timely pay an outstanding water bill, or for any other lawful reason, the customer shall pay any applicable reconnect fees and a new $300.00 deposit.
- Beginning with effective date of this Ordinance, any person or entity who transfers to a different location within the Town of White Springs, Florida, shall pay a transfer fee of $20.00 together with any other applicable fees or charges. ONLY IF AN INDIVIDUAL TRANSFERS TO ANOTHER LOCATION IS THE DEPOSIT NOT DUE. YET IN THE CASE OF RHETT BULLARD WHO PURCHASED HIS HOME FROM THE METHODIST CHURCH, HE STATED HE DID NOT HAVE TO PAY THE $300 DEPOSIT BECAUSE IT WAS INCLUDED IN THE PROPERTY SALES AGREEMENT. YET THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS ORDINANCE STATES, SO OBVIOUSLY RHETT HAS UTILIZED HIS POSITION AS MAYOR TO NOT HAVE TO PAY A DEPOSIT. ALTHOUGH THE TOWN REFERS TO A “DEPOSIT” THEY MAY AS WELL CALL IT A FEE BECAUSE THE DEPOSIT IS NEVER RETURNED.
PENALTIES. Any person, firm or corporation violating any of the provisions of this Ordinance shall, upon conviction thereof for each offense, be subject to a fine not to exceed Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) or imprisonment for not to exceed sixty (7-) days, or both such fine and imprisonment in the discretion of the appropriate Court of competent jurisdiction. Beginning with effective date of this Ordinance, any person or entity desiring to connect to the sewer system of the Town of White Springs shall pay to the Town before such connection, a connection fee in the amount of $1,250.00.
After the effective date of this ordinance, no new water account shall be opened nor Municipal water be made available to any person seeking to have Municipal water turned on to his premises until said person or entity shall first deposit, against future billings the sum of $300.00.
In the event that any customer becomes two (2) months delinquent, the Town shall apply the customer’s deposit to the customer’s delinquent bill. Further, in the event the customer’s water is turned off for failure to timely pay an outstanding water bill, or for any other lawful reason, the customer shall pay any applicable reconnect fees and a new $300.00 deposit. PASSED AND ADOPTED upon SECOND and FINAL READING this 13th day of October 2015. ATTEST: Signed: Pam Tomlinson, Town Clerk
SIGNED: MAYOR: Rhett Bullard
GENERAL COUNCIL INFORMATION FROM THE LAST SIX MONTHS::
- Willie Jefferson and Tonja Brown will vote with Rhett Bullard, whether or not they understand what is being voted on. This is what is known as the “Power of Three”
- Tonja Brown has become our Town Manager’s best friend and goes with her wherever Tebo goes.
- Tonja Brown has become the Vice Mayor but still can’t read an agenda nor does she even really know how to make a motion. I loved when Councilor and former Vice Mayor Walter McKenzie refused to go to the Florida League of Cities function since he no longer was the vice mayor. As such Rhett Bullard didn’t know what to do.
- The Town of White Springs is run by fear; only non-competent and uneducated-nonintellectual people are kept as employees or councilors. The power of three and Stacy Tebo appreciate “yes” people and will hire administrative assistants who are African American as long as they say “yes.” They cannot allow someone who actually performs more efficiently then they do and dares to ask questions.
- Those Whites who have run White Springs notably are deceitful, non-transparent and have no respect or regard for the citizens of White Springs. But unfortunately Willie Jefferson and Tonja Brown now feel they are White and do not care for anyone but themselves.
- Rhett Bullard has allowed Ms. Tebo to take off all the time she wishes which is Friday Afternoon until Tuesday Morning to handle her suit against DeBary and go to her home in Orange City.
- Rhett Bullard will spend money relating to securing a table at the Chamber of Commerce Banquet where no money was allocated in the budget, but it is okay for Mayor Bullard to spend money on things he wishes to do but let Helen Miller do something that has been done yearly, and she is persecuted (i.e. Beautiful Dreamer Banquet).
- It appears Rhett as an attorney is as insecure as is Ms. Tebo. Yet calling out others and damaging their reputations which Ms. Tebo has a lot of experience in. Tebo and Bullard did everything they could to tarnish the reputation of former Mayor, Dr. Miller.
- Joe Griffin wrote to both the Ethics Commission as well as the Florida Bar about Rhett Bullard’s handling of various matters. This was the answer from both and since there is the power of three, no one at the Town of White Springs would address the issue. Rhett commented that everything was dropped, which it was not from the Commission or FL Bar’s perspective.
- Both stated….Moreover, even assuming in argument that the complaint indicates possible violation of Section 112.313(6), Florida Statutes, nevertheless, under the Rudd Amendment, we find that the public interest would not be served by our proceeding further. We decline to proceed further because the allegations of the complaint concern internal managerial employment issues of the Town better suited to be addressed by the Town Councilor forums other than the Commission on Ethics.
- The only internal control the Town of White Springs has to my knowledge is the fact that the Town Manager is allowed to issue a check for up to $2,500; thereafter, as is in the case of DOT requiring $14,000 for the lighting and water repairs, Ms. Tebo requested she be authorized to make a check by addressing the council. Rhett couldn’t seem to understand that before money was returned to us on the lighting, we, the Town, had to make the payment in full.
- Although the Town after payment is to be reimbursed by the contractor for some $11,000 (details are not final yet) Mayor Bullard thought he could pay the net amount rather than the full amount of some $14,000 instead of being reimbursed. Obviously no one read the contract.
- Rhett Bullard Thanked Ms. Tebo for her hard work but the lights grant has been in the mix for years and Ms. Tebo really did not have anything to do with it.
- The Carver School could be renovated since it is on the State’s list of Historic Buildings. When Willie Jefferson decided upon the demolition of the school without telling anyone, the Town Manager advised the Town could do what they want because they own the building. Yet, is it not the citizens of White Springs who make up the Town and are the owners of said building?
- The Town Manager’s contract requires not only a five day week but attendance at meetings and to be available on weekends if there is a problem. I hope the people finally understand that this was not Helen Miller’s doing but rather our Town Manager and Rhett Bullard for not handling business appropriately nor in a fiduciary manner, a duty required of them to protect the citizens.
- Rhett Bullard’s actions cost taxpayers of White Springs; thousands of dollars which I consider Theft because he solely, making up excuses for her and without adhering to the contract, allowed the Town Manager to take numerous days off. One day a week equates to $11,000 a year.
- Backed up by Brown and Jefferson. Mayor Bullard doesn’t care if decisions are made in the darkness. The two remaining councilors are left in the dark but fortunately the Town Manager must require council approval for payments in excess of $2,500 = the only internal control.
- Relative to the Griffin complaints Bullard told Griffin he needed evidence, even though each complaint included the appropriate laws which applied.
- We explained that we asked for Ms. Rodriquenz’s medical release but never received any such documents except a smart remark by Ms. Rodriquenz that she could walk. She states she works 40 hours but the Charter only discusses that someone full-time needs to work five days.
- The Town was paying for fuel for Police Chief Tracy Rodriquenz and Town Manager Tebo, since they do not live in White Springs. Rhett Bullard found no problem with handling Ms. Rodriquenz’s fuel bill of which she supposedly paid for her personal usage
- After Tracy Rodriquenz’s accident she would have had 144 hours per year or 18 days paid of sick leave in a year and we know that she was paid the entire time and then only worked in the office upon her return.
- You will recall that originally Rhett Bullard desired a new Town Truck for Andrew Greene for which he was willing to pay fuel costs to and from Gainesville, where Greene’s fiancé (now wife) lived. Helen Miller vetoed this purchase because we did not need to pay for the cost of a new truck since most towns purchase such vehicles from an auction or other means. Yes Rhett Bullard was in favor of paying for Andrew Greene’s fuel since Mr. Greene may have to come back to White Springs during the weekends Although this was in the past, it certainly shows how lenient Rhett if with other people’s money when it comes to his friends.
- Since the new truck was vetoed, Stacy Tebo, Rhett Bullard and possibly Pam Tomlinson set forth a plan. If Andrew Greene would be made Assistant Fire Chief, he could receive the new Emergency Fire Truck for his personal use along with a credit card for fuel and maintenance.
- Tonja Brown that bastion of municipal knowledge, believes the Town Charter was written by some “white folks” and shoved down the town’s throat. The voters in the town rejected the charter on at least one occasion and perhaps two. Joe McKire is a lot of things but is not a “White Folk” but Tonja doesn’t know this..
- Tom Moore as a representative of the special events committee, made a formal complaint regarding our Town Manager using the funds which have been budgeted for the Special Events committee without advising the committee. Mr. Moore explained that the Special Events Committee is an extension of the town council and that they need to be advised. So much for the Tebo Bullard team who complain about Helen Miller handling projects we have handled for years without a requisition….yet it is okay for our Town Manager Tebo to decide about things without council approval or notifying the special events committee in advance.
- Rhett Bullard’s sister is the President of the Special Events Committee and this year’s Wild Azalea festival was a bust. I had even given hints of how we could increase crowds but I guess Stacy Tebo ruined many relationships including those of the vendors at the hardware store, so no one respects what we do anymore..
- Rhett Bullard apparently got elected on some panel for the Florida League of Cities (apparently jealous of Helen Miller who was beloved by the League and who won a prestigious award). Walter McKenzie, during the time he was Vice Mayor was asked and voted upon to attend the Meeting Tonja Brown made it clear that she was intending to go so Walter McKenzie excused himself stating there was no need for three people to attend. Knowing how well McKenzie represents White Springs, Rhett Bullard then agreed that he would attend with Tonja Brown but it appeared that McKenzie’s recusal got Bullard so shook up that he barely could remember Brown’s name.
- Tonja Brown is opposed to open debate, opposed to public input and is so mentally challenged that she is incapable of operating in good faith. She votes as Rhett wants her to vote. She has never said “NO” to Rhett, she always votes with him. That is where her lack of favor of her voting record comes in. She is not fair in her dealings with the public. She is opposed to citizens participating in public meetings.
- CITIZENS ARE NO LONGER FIRST; TEBO IS FIRST BECAUSE THREE MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL HAVE ALLOWED HER TO DO SO..WE WARNED YOU AND YOU DIDN’T LISTEN AND NOW YOU AND YOUR VOTES MEAN NOTHING. IF YOU DON’T VOTE FOR THE THREE, BULLARD, BROWN AND JEFFERSON, YOUR VOTES WILL BE CHANGED BY STAFF.
- Pam wants to charge Joe Griffin over $800 to look at the Rivers’ transcripts. Is that fair, not according to the quote above from the Government in the Sunshine Manual. I can look all I want free of charge except for the time of the town admin assistant to make sure any records are not destroyed. As was the case Attorney Larkin e-mailed the transcripts to Joe Griffin for free (Pam wished to redact information)
- Willie Jefferson is guilty of Misfeasance, the wrongful exercise of lawful authority, He decides issues before the council not on merit or suitability but only on the way Mayor Rhett Bullard wants. In over 600 votes taken since Rhett became Mayor Willie has voted as Rhett chose in EVERY Case. Willie has never voted opposite Rhett.
- After Anita Rivers made her complaint of discrimination, the Power of three set out in the darkness to have an outside attorney protect Stacy Tebo’s name. No one bothered to bring it up to all council members or to the public; nor was their mediation. Attorney Larkin as well as Town Attorney Koberlein assumed they were asked to defend Ms. Tebo against Ms. River’s complaint with full council approval; yet that was not the case and who did Rhett blame? Well Mr. Koberlein of course and it cost us $25,950 out of our budget.
- Willie refuses to have open debate, to hear public testimony and to act in good faith. Willie is incompetent when it comes to having the public’s needs at heart. And finally he neglected his duties to his primary voting block, the Black citizens of White Springs. In four years on the council he has failed to do any good for Blacks in the town of White Springs. He is opposed to Open Government and that the citizens should have access to public documents. He operates in Bad Faith Finally, God helped us out and Mr. Jefferson was outed by only four votes and thankfully Helen Miller is back.
- Ms. Tebo did not advertise for an attorney Darren Elkind to represent her but hired an attorney for whom she had a prior association while working in the Town of Sanford.I always felt it was up to the Council to determine what attorney they would hire. Mr. Elkind charged $8,700 plus to handle the defense of Stacy Tebo and staff at Helen Miller’s hearing for which there was a contract. Yet, as Dr. Miller went forward with her Writ, Mr. Elkind who did not have a contract with the Town nor is he the Town Attorney, elected to respond for all documents in lieu of our Town attorney.
Providing an attorney for Stacy Tebo, who railroaded a council person by listing that council person as rogue in the newspaper, IS NOT IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.
- [348 So.2d 1247] of the open public meetings law, Section 286.011, Florida Statutes (1975). The principal issues are whether the ordinance violates Article II, Section 5(c), Florida Constitution, and Chapter 145, Florida Statutes, limiting the compensation of state and county officers, or unlawfully authorizes the expenditure of public funds for a private purpose.
- Ordinance 76-10 does not authorize an unlawful supplement to the compensation of county officers providedby Article II, Section 5(c) of the Constitution and Chapter 145, Florida Statutes (1975).
- The legislature has authorized reimbursement of attorney fees incurred by law enforcement officers in successfully defending civil or criminal actions against them for conduct arising out of the performance of their duties.
- The closer question is whether ordinance 76-10, by authorizing payment of county funds for the commissioners’ defense of criminal charges arising under the open public meetings law, is invalid as expending public funds for a private purpose.
- Section 286.011, that officials violating that law may properly be prosecuted, and that there is no public interest in defending guilty officials from prosecution.
- Council members are to Debate openly on matters before the Council, hear public testimony and act in good faith; Decisions by the power of three are made in advance of meetings. It was obvious at Helen Miller’s hearing that the power of three made their decisions in advance and even though the charges against Dr. Miller would not fit the charge of Malfeasance, she was charged on all four counts. The complaints made against Dr. Miller were false, with malice, and intentional by reason of removing anyone who would not vote with the Power of three.
- Council members are to Vote and decide issues legally, fairly and without favor;
- Council members are to guarantee the public’s right to attend and participate in meetings of local legislative bodies.
- The problem with the Town’s Case with Mr. Elkind is the fact that the hearing was considered “legislative”; Yet, this was a quasi-judicial hearing and Judge Decker made an excuse so that the Town and Bullard were protected.
- And what is Rhett Bullard’s concern? He is afraid of Stacy Tebo suing the Town for which the Town is insured under the Florida League of Cities if she did elect to sue us. However, Rhett Bullard would rather treat a complaint as if it was a court case and utilize Taxpayers’ money. Yes discrimination could not be proved in the Rivers’ case against Stacy Tebo because of the lies made under oath by the wusses like Chief Rodriquenz who were fearful of losing their jobs. An officer who witnessed poor treatment of Rivers was dismissed because he stated he was her friend. , but there certainly is a problem between drug abuse and poor management skills which causes unusual stress for employees at Town Hall.
- In accordance with our charter,the Town Manager under Section 3.02 Powers and Duties, (h) is required to fully advise as to the financial condition and future needs of the Town by providing a financial and budget progress report at each regular Council meeting. This has not been done by Ms. Tebo. Furthermore her voice is so soft that one can hear only half of what she states and I am certain that is done on purpose.
- When is the last time that Stacy Tebo ever followed the charter by explaining where we were within the budget, what we spent and what was under or over budget?
- It still is amazing that there finally is line item for the additional 10% taxed for all utilities, propane gas, electricity, telephones etc.; however, it is not broken down by type of utility or Company. Combined, it should generate $100,000 a year. Yet it appears this must be a fund hidden from the taxpayers and probably used for the benefit of the officials (some of the officials and town manager.) If Jim Smith would not have complained about his $55 Electric Utility tax, many of us would have never looked at our bills.
- The reason for our interest in what is happening in DeBary, is the fact that what Ms. Tebo has done to hurt many of those employed by her inabilities to perform is of interest. The reason being is that what she has done in DeBary is coming to haunt our small Town because she is abusing her authority in White Springs as she did in DeBary. I find it sad that her dependence on opioids is not understood by her because even her previous Town Manager in DeBary, Mr. Parrot, indicated that one day she just changed and no one could understand the reason why.
- Isn’t it interesting that when Dr. Miller provided information on Anita Rivers’ qualities, integrity and compassion for others, she was cut off by Mayor Bullard?
- Isn’t it interesting that our illustrious Mayor Bullard did not understand what would happen if he tried ousting Miller with a Guilty verdict before she had opportunity to claim innocence and the fact that the Council has set a precedent when okaying certain activities yearly?
- Isn’t it interestingthat the Town does not have lighting for the area up to Sunrise on 41? Is it because it is an area with predominantly Black residents?
- Isn’t it interestingthat the Town had to secure an attorney at $12,000 to provide a report saying discrimination was not applicable against Stacy Tebo in the River’s case when any prudent individual would read Rivers statements and know she was treated poorly? (Total case value $25,950)
- Isn’t it interesting that Tonja Brown and Willie Jefferson do nothing for their Black constituents? I would never expect them to assist a White person except Bullard; So obviously they care about no one but themselves and Bullard.
- Also the Three, Bullard, Brown and Jefferson along with Stacy Tebo and her live in boyfriend from High Springs attended the recent Florida League of Cities function for which Walter McKenzie declined which the council okayed only two would attend. At least $1,500 was spent for this Brown vacation and you, the people are paying for it. What a joke; they need to point their fingers, not at Miller, but at themselves. What about a group of degenerate immoral people.
- If you are a police officer, standing up for the law and retaining your license is far more important that doing what an unscrupulous mayor like Rhett and the Town Manager requires you to do. That is why we have lost many a good officer who could not wait until they found another job. The police officers are reined in by fear of losing their jobs.
- In going over the attorney’s summation of the complaint against Stacy Tebo by Anita Rivers, it is obvious Chief of Police Tracy Rodriquenz, will lie to protect her job. It doesn’t matter what oath she may have taken as a police officer, she will listen to the officials in power….now Rhett Bullard. It doesn’t matter if you have been a friend of Chief Tracy, she will throw you under the bus and be happy that it is you under the bus rather than her.
- The Council is supposed to discuss matters and then make a decision at meetings; not in the darkness. Not anymore. Rhett offers an idea, Tonja so moves (puts the motion on the table) and Willie seconds it. All debate is now limited to the motion. Helen and Walter can’t say anything unless it pertains to the motion which Rhett gave as an idea and Tonja moved it as a motion and Willie seconded it. And it is perfectly legal according to Roberts Rules of Order.
- Because of Rhett Bullard and Stacy Tebo we lost the best Fire Chief in Kevin Pittman that we ever had along with the majority of our firefighters. Stacy blamed Chief Pittman for not having a current instructor’s certification. Yet, that was never a necessity or a requirement. Chief Pittman gave his own time and resources in training the firefighters and we had the best brotherhood ever. Now we have our former Fire Chief and even though the Vote of no confidence was ignored on Andrew Greene, Greene remains the assistant fire chief and uses the Emergency fire vehicle for his personal use.
- Helen and Walter need to speak up BEFORE Rhett puts his idea out there. Tonight they saw this corruption and misuse of power in all of its glory. Helen and Walter couldn’t speak because there was a Motion on the Table. Their only hope is to get their points of discussion out there before Rhett “has his idea”.
- Citizens complained that Stacy Tebo, town manager, did overstep her responsibilities of her position when she found and delivered a TIRATE against a council member. Nothing, repeat nothing, in the town charter, the rules and procedure manual, Robert’s Rules of Order or common sense says that she can openly CHASTIZE her boss, or a member of the council, openly and in such a visible way as she on May 9th, 2017 and the Town Council meeting. She usurped the power and authority of the Council. This is one of the reasons she was terminated in Debary. This is exactly why she got fired in Debary, talking to individual members of the Council in public session.
- Rather than placing in the full statute, below is an e-mail from Barbara Peterson of the First Amendment Foundation relating to 119’s (Currently the Town of WS states receipt of records within 30 days:) “There’s no time limit under Florida’s public records law. The city is required to provide you w/copies of the records requested w/in a “reasonable” period of time. The courts have defined “reasonable” as the time it takes to locate the records you’ve requested, review those records for exempt information, and provide a copy.”
- From your previous emails, it seems you’ve requested attorney billing records, correct? Those are public records and there shouldn’t be a lot of exempt information contained in a billing record.
- Since John Rhett Bullard has taken office as Mayor of White Springs and accepts Stacy Tebo to even run what the Council Members do,so the Law in White Springs is of little regard. Stacy Tebo has been given full reign and even a complaint by Joe relating to her actions against Helen Miller went unanswered and ignored, making Stacy the boss of each and every council member which is against the Charter.
- Rhett even told Stacy Tebo that she could interview Karen Hatton and negotiate Ms. Hatton’s original pricing to represent us. This was until Walter McKenzie objected. This is against the Charter and Rhett Bullard gave Stacy every leaway to run things the way she wished.
- Note Stacy Tebo’s micromanagement system: She receives a request through the Town’s e-mail email@example.com but forwards the e-mail to Pam Tomlinson under a Windstream account. I guess then there will be no public record if Pam Tomlinson writes to Joe as she has once “You Stupid Man”.
- Stacy Tebo then filed an injunction against Joe Griffin for harassment because she could not bring charges against him when visiting with the State’s Attorney and Dana Brady Giddens his right hand Attorney. Rhett Bullard made certain the State’s Attorney came to Judge Sonny Scaff’s court to explain both sides of the coin since we do have first amendment rights and dear Ms. Tebo has protective rights if she is fearful and being harassed. The problem was the Temporary injunction listed Town Hall as her home. And since the untold story was our blog, I mentioned that blaming Joe alone when I write 60% of the blog items was not right. Since we provided evidence in a large binder relating to the matter, the injunction hearing was delayed. When it again came up, Dana Brady Giddens attended on behalf of the Stacy. Ms. Stacy lied and said that Joe’s yellow jeep was seen by her home in Lake City and because of what I said the previous week she asked the judge to add me to the injunction. It was laughable. In the end, Judge Scaff denied her injunction.
- WHY CAN’T THE TOWN FOLLOW LAWS? OH I FORGOT, STACY TEBO IS THE MANAGER AND THE LAST TIME I TOLD HER TO FOLLOW THE LAW, SHE SAID “YOU CAN’T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT” WITH TEARS IN HER EYES.. REALLY?
- A wide-spread rumor in town is that a predominately model citizen with large political connections in town had his house broken into. A COMPUTER was taken in the robbery or theft according to the widespread rumor. Again, according to this rumor this political person had photographs of lewd and provocative acts wherein he was engaged in sexual acts with at least one minor. When the computer was located, again according to rumor, the lewd photographs or videos of the assault on a minor were seen by at least one officer of the White Springs Police Department. Instead of providing FDLE with the evidence Chief Rodriquenz returned the computer to the “model” citizen. Names of all those involved are known by many in town, especially in the African American community, but since they are all juveniles, we cannot publish the names.
- Tebo is paranoid that Joe Griffin is trolling her (and that is a laugh) and she is so paranoid, she had to have the blog placed on her computer before firing Rivers.
- One doesn’t have to be a certified law enforcement officer to be our Chief of Police. It is true that to carry a gun that the Police Chief must be a certified law enforcement officer but carrying a gun is not a requirement of being our Chief of Police.
- Tracy Rodriquenz has tampered with evidence of two crimes. The first being the computer issue and the second being Stacy’s drug habit and the missing pills.. We attempted to have an officer file a complaint with the State’s Attorney’s office, would be correct individual to file the complaint, but because the Town is run by fear, no report was taken.
- Woody Woodard has his own concerns and wrote: “ Has anyone taken a tape measure and checked the distances between the new light poles and the nearest object? I suspect that the mower is to wide to be of any use in the lions portion of town. We already have a extra wide mower that is hard to use anywhere but the ball field, It is my opinion that a smaller mower would be in order. But what do I know?” Perhaps the lighting could have been stretched so that it would have gone all the way up to the Dollar General Store.
- Why even have an attorney if you do not listen to his advice? Previously Koberlein stipulated Robert’s Rules of Order shall be utilized in accordance with the Charter; yet, Bullard and his two shadows only choose what parts of Robert’s Rules of Order that they actually wish to follow.
- When Dr. Miller wished to further discuss the paperwork she handed out relating to opoid addiction, Mayor Bullard hit his gavel on the desk and said Dr. Miller was out of order because a motion had already been in place.to delay the meeting. When Dr. Miller asked when the meeting would take place, Mayor Bullard said “I’ll let you know”.
- The under oath statements were included in the paperwork Dr. Miller provided. Stacy Tebo complained that Dr. Miller had no right to go into her personal medical history. Dr. Miller Stated that it was a matter of public record and that Joe Griffin received it from Attorney Larkin and then Joe e-mailed it to Dr. Miller. Tebo still objected and Dr. Miller reminded Ms. Tebo that Attorney Larkin advised her it was a public record at the time her statements under oath were taken. Attorney Larkin also advised Ms. Tebo that she could eliminate in advance statements she did not wish as a public record.
- Rhett Bullard went into a Tizzy fit over the information; said he had not seen the statements (you would think he would have all information at his disposal, but one never knows where the truth lies). He asked Attorney Koberlein whether it actually was a public record and Attorney Koberlein affirmed that it was.
- Some in the audience and Dr. Miller I believe said that a review of Stacy Tebo’s performance should be in thirty days but Bullard wanted his way even though Attorney Koberlein advised that by not having a contract in place, Ms. Tebo was an “At Will” employee. In other words instead of handling the matter in 30 days, Ms. Tebo would be an “at will”employee for three months. And as an “at will” employee, that means her position may be terminated at any time. Yet Rhett Bullard considered the three month period as being an extension of Ms. Tebo’s contract; however, that was his imagination only because Attorney Koberlein explained he would not extend the contract. Rhett Bullard should know that as a written contract, it cannot be extended verbally and if an attorney is unwilling because of predicated law, a contract may not be extended in writing.
- Miller then addressed the fact that our personnel manual stipulates no employee may use drugs, alcohol, etc when at work. It was grounds for termination. Mayor Bullard asked Attorney Koberlein if Ms. Tebo’s contract could be extended for three months. Attorney Koberlein said he has never seen that happen and was reluctant to do so.
- First there was the inquiry by Jim Smith as to why this meeting, which likewise was considered a hearing in part, was not posted. Stacy Tebo was asked and stated it was posted in two areas. Attorney Koberlein stated that the post should be on the door until the subsequent meeting. This was due to the fact that the meeting to be held the second Tuesday of the month was cancelled by reason of Hurricane Irma.
- Joe Griffin provided the statute stating without due notice and without a copy of the budget on the website for citizens to review, the budget could not be discussed. We did not have two budget meetings and Stacy Tebo became defensive and blamed Dr. Miller for not requesting budget workshops. Attorney Koberlein stated it was usual to hold budget workshops but it was not illegal by law if there was no budget workshop. With Stacy Tebo contending notices were in place, Mayor Bullard dismissed complaints by Griffin, Miller and Smith.
- Jim Smith stipulated that the citizens should have a say in the budget and have a chance to review it. This is in accordance also with the Statute provided by Joe Griffin. Rhett stated that this was just a temporary budget and not a preliminary budget. The definitions are thus: As adjectives the difference between temporaryand preliminary is that temporary is not permanent; existing only for a period or periods of time while preliminary is . The budget is due September 30th.
- Tom Moore found errors in the addition of the budget and Ms. Tebo stipulated she just had the wrong wording and Mr. Moore said, whatever needs to be done needs to be corrected.
- After Stacy Tebo blamed Helen Miller as the reason for not having a budget workshop, Karin Griffin stated that since one was a drug addict and the other three do not follow the law, no wonder the meeting was not scheduled to which Rhett Bullard chastised her and told her that she would be removed if there were any more comments
- Neither Stacy nor Pam wanted a workshop but we got one anyway with sheer brute force. The Charter clearly states that TWO Council members may call a meeting at any time. Of course Stacy doesn’t want it because one of the items on the agenda is lowering her salary because she doesn’t have a contract due to her drug use. I want to thank Judge Scaff in Jasper and Fred Koberlein in Lake City for their sticking with the law. It’s been a long time coming.
- Imagine a Town Manager not only being a drug addict but also not being willing to discuss town business with any caller. She has got to go along with Rhett, Tracy and Pam. Don’t forget the impromptu budget workshop this Thursday at 6:30 at town hall. That is if Stacy gets off her drugs long enough to allow such a meeting to happen.
- Richard Marshall pled with the council to have something done about the shabby look of the town to the hurricane from months prior. The DOC has insufficient employees to supervise inmates and the mower we purchased has problems and is slow so we need a new mower.
- Rhett’s primary reason for not terminating Tebo is because she might sue the Town. What does the town care? The Florida Municipal Insurance Trust insurance company will handle the defense if Tebo files a case. we’re covered. NO that excuse won’t fly you poor excuse for a leader. If she is a druggie and she admits to such, Town procedures say she must be terminated. Simple as that. Furthermore it is quite obvious that her suit against DeBary is futile.
HOWEVER BECAUSE THE CASE AGAINST HELEN MILLER IS AN INTENTIONAL ACT NOT BROUGHT BY A THIRD PARTY THE TOWN OF WHITE SPRINGS HAS HAD TO HIRE DARREN ELKIND AS THEIR ATTORNEY IN RESPONSE TO HELEN MILLER’S LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE TOWN OF WHITE SPRINGS.. THE GENERAL LIABILITY POLICY WILL NOT COVER A TWO PARTY CLAIM WHERE THERE APPEARS TO BE INTENTIONAL MALICIOUS ACTS ON THE PART OF THREE OFFICIALS OF THE TOWN AGAINST ANOTHER OFFICIAL.
- Back to Tonja, who is now Stacy’s good friend, At trial and perhaps at the town hearing, Tonja’s words, her concerns about hiring a person who will sue us, will come back to haunt us and Rhett spoke real clear about that at last night’s Council meeting. He said “We can’t terminate her because she will sue us.” Good for her. I hope she gets fired and gets a big award out of the Town of White Springs.. Now as it stands instead of using money to assist the town it will all be spent in legal expenses to protect Stacy Tebo. I still believe the real problem is that Rhett Bullard doesn’t wish to get rid of Ms. Tebo because there are too many dirty secrets she is aware of which could cause Mr. Bullard much chaos in his life.
- And of course our Town Attorney, Frederick Koberlein left us just after Helen Miller’s hearing. And when we advertised, we received no attorney responses. So Rhett Bullard contacted Karen Hatton who no longer works for the State’s Attorney’s office as an ASA to apply. Sad indeed since she is not a Civil but a Criminal Lawyer and has no experience in defending municipalities….but neither does Rhett in the Jasper fiasco.
- We now have no money for any children programs because we have spent everything on legal expenses and Rhett Bullard was not allowed to use our contingencies which are required by statute.
YOU ALL VOTED FOR THE POWER OF THREE BULLARD, JEFFERSON AND BROWN. AND YOU GOT WHAT YOU VOTED FOR. A NEAR BANKRUPT TOWN.
Karin for the blog