Suggestions for Mayor Lofton to survive without being brought into Rhett Bullards ills
- Review Stacy Tebo’s drug use since White Springs is a drug free government Require her to secure psychiatric counseling and fitness. If she refuses:
- Review Stacy Tebo’s fitness for remaining a Town Manager by seeing whether she has honored her contract of employment; her duties under the charter; her hours in the personnel file. Since most of us know she has not, you will have to talk Tonja Brown at the meeting that Ms. Tebo will take us under if she remains and the councilors who did not vote for her termination will then be responsible. Four votes are necessary and Rhett Bullard, like Willie Jefferson like Stacy Tebo and will not harm her.
- Take the Fire SUV away from Andrew Greene and make certain it remains on premises for other firefighters to use.
- Remove Steven Stith as fire Chief after asking Kevin Pittman if he again will serve and bring back our other fire fighters. Make certain our budget supports our volunteer firefighters in the future.
- Quit taking the Enterprise (water/sewer) funds and using it for the General Fund
- Fire Attorney Elkind because Mr. Elkind has not been approved by the entire council to represent the Town of White Springs. The only contract we have from Mr. Elkind is the one for Helen Miller’s hearing whereby Mr. Elkind, chosen by Stacy Tebo because of their friendship, then was to represent Stacy Tebo and Staff. This also was in accordance with the meeting and this also was illegal for a Town cannot pay for an employee to sue a Town Member. This does not make sense and Mr. Lofton, you have to wash your hands of it.
- Have Karen Hatton carry the defense for Stacy Tebo for the future. Miller has the right to continue this suit to make certain this does not happen to another councilor in the future. She was not given fair justice under the law and Judge Decker protecting the town and Bullard made the ruling that this was a legislative act rather than a quasi judicial hearing. This must be corrected. The Town shall still be responsible for Helen Miller’s attorney costs and fees for which Dr. Miller has had to pay out of pocket because of what the Power of three did to her without reason, just to make a point they could remove anyone who questioned them or disagreed with them. This posed a damage not only to Helen Miller’s civil rights but all of our civil rights.
- Have an independent audit either by the State or a firm agreed upon by the Council so that one may go through the financial records of the Town for the entire term of Rhett Bullard’s tenure
- Have the auditor determine Pam Tomlinson’s capabilities in handling the Financial Director position since many of us find what she is doing is problematic. However, we do not know if this is due to Stacy Tebo’s instructions or Pam Tomlinson’s failures.
- Buy or study the 2018 Sunshine Laws so you are familiar with the laws governing public records, meetings and first amendment rights..
- Respond to Officer Davis’s inspection of properties which should be condemned and put together and act upon the LDR’s in accordance with State Laws
- Have the ordinances organized and reviewed so that we know what is being done in the town.
- Sticking to the budget and not using earmarked money for other projects to pay attorneys.
You said you were hurt by what was said about you during the election. If you are a strong Military Man as you contend you are, then you better buck up and do what is right. Your reputation was not so good in the past and you were not fair to all people as you say you are now. So live up to your speech, buck up and wear your big boy pants and do what is right.
Karin for the blog