Powers and Duties of the Town Manager of White Springs, FL
- The Town Manager shall be the chief administrative officer of the Town, responsible to the Council for the administration of all Town affairs placed in the Manager’s charge by or under this Charter. STACY TEBO HAS NEVER BEEN RESPONSIBLE TO THE FULL COUNCIL FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF ALL TOWN AFFAIRS. INSTEAD SHE HAS TAKEN INSTRUCTION ONLY FROM COUNCILOR AND FORMER MAYOR RHETT BULLARD, WHO WITH HIS LEADERSHIP HAS OBLITERATED THE TOWN OF WHITE SPRINGS.
- Shall Appoint, and when he or she deems it necessary for the good of the Town, suspend or remove the Town employees and appoint administrative officers provided for by or under this Charter, except as otherwise provided by law, this Charter or personnel rules adopted pursuant to this Charter. He or She may authorize any administrative officers who are subject to his or her direction and supervision to exercise these powers with respect to subordinates in that officer’s department, office or agency. STACY TEBO DOES NOT KNOW OR IS INCAPABLE OF THOSE EMPLOYEES AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS WHO WOULD SERVE FOR THE GOOD OF THE TOWN. INSTEAD SHE HAS DONE WHAT RHETT BULLARD, TONJA BROWN AND SPENCER LOFTEN HAVE REQUESTED HER TO DO. AS A RESULT OF HER INCOMPETENCE OR INABILITY TO HANDLE THE TOWN, WE HAVE NO FIRE DEPARTMENT, A POLICE DEPARTMENT THAT DOES NOT ANSWER CALLS, NO RESTRICTIVE FUND FOR LOCAL OPTION FUEL TAX REVENUE, ROADS AND STREETS HAVE NOT BEEN REPAIRED, PAM TOMLINSON HAS BEEN RETAINED EVEN THOUGH SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO HANDLE THE TOWN’S FINANCES AND ACCOUNTING APPROPRIATELY; SHE ALLOWED PAM TOMLINSON TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANITA RIVERS BUT PROTECTED HERSELF AGAINST A DISCRIMINATION AND THE MONEY CAME FROM THE CITIZENS OF WHITE SPRINGS; SHE MADE VARIOUS CHARGES AGAINST COUNCILWOMAN MILLER AT THE BEHEST OF WILLIE JEFFERSON, RHETT BULLARD AND TONJA BROWN AND THE THREE MEMBERS ALLOWED MS. TEBO TO HIRE HER OWN ATTORNEY TO GO AFTER MILLER WITH A KANGAROO COURT OFFICIATING, THE GANG CHOSE SPENCER LOFTON IN MILLER’S COUNCIL SEAT BECAUSE HE WAS A PUPPET WHO WOULD LISTEN TO RHETT BULLARD, TEBO HAS TAKEN FRIDAYS OFF, SOMETIMES MONDAYS AND HAS HAD MORE TIME IN TERMS OF WEEKS OFF THAN ANY MANAGER IN THE HISTORY OF WHITE SPRINGS AND RHETT BULLARD DEFENDED HER, IT WAS FOUND THAT TEBO TAKES OPIOID DRUGS, SPECIFICALLY PERCOSET, WHICH WE DO NOT BELIEVE WAS PRESCRIBED ESPECIALLY WHEN HER DEBARY DEPOSITION INCLUDED NO OPIOID DRUGS, MONEY HAS CONSISTENTLY BEEN REMOVED FROM THE ENTERPRISE (SEWER AND WATER) ACCOUNT AND PLACED IN THE GENERAL FUND, BUT THIS MONEY WAS NOT USED SO THAT THERE WOULD BE A RESERVE FOR THE WATER AND WASTEWATER REHABILITATION PROJECT WHICH IS GOING TO COST THE CITIZENS OVER $750,00 SINCE IT WAS NOT DONE AFTER FORMER MAYOR MILLERS TENURE, SHE HAS NOT CORRECTED OR CHANGED THE PERSONNEL MANUAL AS RESPECTS JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND SHE DID NOT ADVISE THE COUNCIL THAT SHE WAS GOING AGAINST FEDERAL LAW AND THE PERSONNEL MANUAL TO CONTINUALLY PAY HUTCHERSON FOR OVER TWO YEARS WHEN HUTCHERSON WAS UNABLE TO WORK, COSTING THE CITIZENS AND SUBSEQUENTLY THE TOWN OVER $150,000, FOR LEAVE WHICH WAS NOT DUE HIM. HE WAS TO HAVE GONE UNDER MEDICARE AND DISABILITY.
- Shall Direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices and agencies of the Town, except otherwise provided by this Charter or by law. MS TEBO HAS BEEN LACKING IN SUPERVISING THE ADMINISTRATION OF ALL DEPARTMENTS EXCEPT WHEN RHETT BULLARD WANTED SOMEONE REMOVED OR FIRED, THEN SHE WOULD, WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF PAM TOMLINSON FIND DIRT ON THE INDIVIDUALS AND SUBSEQUENTLY ASK FOR THEIR RESIGNATIONS. TEBO OTHERWISE SPENDS HER TIME LOCKED IN HER OFFICE AND EMAILING ORDERS TO STAFF. SOMETIMES SHE WORKS ON HER LAWSUITS AGAINST DEBARY AND SOMETIMES SHE MAY EVEN SLEEP FOR ALL WE KNOW. SHE HAS DONE NOTHING TO BENEFIT THE TOWN AND THE STAFF HAS NEVER RECEIVED HER ASSISTANCE, BUT SHE WILL BE THE FIRST TO BLAME SOMEONE ELSE WHEN SHE, HERSELF, DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PERFORM STAFF’S WORK.
- Shall attend all Town Council meetings. The Town Manager shall have the right to take part in the discussion but shall not vote; YES MS TEBO REPORTS FOR THOSE WHO MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND AS WELL AS GIVING HER OWN REPORTS OF WHAT IS TRANSPIRING AT THE TIME. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN WRITING AND WITH MS TEBO NOT ENUNCIATING HER WORDS AND NOT SPEAKING LOUD ENOUGH FOR THE AUDIENCE TO HEAR, IN SPITE OF A MICROPHONE, IT IS A TOTAL WASTE. EVEN THOUGH BY OUR WEAK FORM OF MAYOR/TOWN MANAGER REQUIREMENT, MS TEBO RARELY HAS A SUGGESTION AND CERTAINLY THERE ARE NO SUGGESTIONS TO BETTER THE TOWN OF WHITE SPRINGS OR THE GANGS ACTIONS AGAINST OTHERS.
- Shall see that all the laws, provisions of this charter and acts of the Town Council, subject to enforcement by the Town Manager or by officers subject to the Manager’s direction and supervision are faithfully executed; STACY TEBO IS NOT A LAWYER AND CAN’T READ LAW PER RHETT BULLARD SO THAT EXCUSE HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR MS TEBO NOT TO FOLLOW THE LAWS NOR THE CHARTER NOR HAS SHE EVER FAITHFULLY EXECUTED THE LAWS BUT NEITHER HAS RHETT BULLARD, TONJA BROWN OR SPENCER LOFTON BY DESIGN SINCE THE LATTER TWO WERE JUST THERE TO VOTE WITH BULLARD. IN FACT MS. TEBO REFUSED TO EVER SPEAK TO COUNCILOR AND FORMER MAYOR MILLER AND HAS NO INTERACTION WITH WALTER MCKENZIE. IN FACT, EVEN THOUGH MILLER AND MCKENZIE HAVE POINTED OUT THE MISSPENDING OF MONEY, IT HAS BEEN IGNORED BY MS. TEBO, COSTING THE CITIZENS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. NO ONE ADVISED MILLER OR MCKENZIE ABOUT THE RIVERS DISCRIMINATION CASE FOR WHICH AN ATTORNEY WAS HIRED WITHOUT COUNCIL APPROVAL AND WE THE CITIZENS THROUGH THE TOWN PAID SOME $26,000; THE COUNCIL WAS NOT APPRISED THAT HUTCHERSON WAS PAID OVER $150,000 FOR LEAVE HE DID NOT HAVE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW AND THE PERSONNEL MANUAL, BULLARD HAD HIS MINIONS APPROVE $7,500 FOR TEBO TO GO AFTER COUNCILOR MILLER, BUT THERE W2AS NO COUNCIL APPROVAL FOR THE ADDITIONAL COUPLE OF THOUSAND OR MORE THE TOWN PAID HER ATTORNEY,SOME OF WHICH WAS TAKEN FROM LOFT FUNDS. IT MUST BE STATED THAT THE CITIZENS ARE NEVER RESPONSIBLE FOR A TOWN MANAGER’S BILLS TO SUE AN ELECTED COUNCILMEMBER WHICH WAS VERIFIED BY FORMER TOWN ATTORNEY FRED KOBERLEIN, YET RHETT BULLARD PROTECTED HER BECAUSE OF HIS VENGENCE AGAINST HELEN MILLER FOR NO REASON AND SUBSEQUENTLY HE USED HIS PUPPETS, MAINLY SPENCER LOFTON TO ATTACK COUNCILWOMAN MILLER FOR NO REASON.
- Prepare and submit the annual budget and capital program to the Town Council; TEBO HAS SUBMITTED A BUDGET IN ACCORDANCE WITH RHETT BULLARD’S INSTRUCTIONS UTILIZING LOFT FUNDS FOR PAYROLLS, BUYING A NEW PICKUP TRUCK AND AN EXCAVATOR WHICH WE DID NOT NEED FOR $60,000 WITH ITS TRAILER, NEVER KEEPING A RESTRICTED FUND FOR LOFT MONEY, AND ALTHOUGH OUR CPA PROVIDES A RECAPITULATION OF THE STATE OF THE TOWN’S FINANCIALS, THERE HAS NEVER BEEN INFORMATION TO THE COUNCIL RELATING TO CURRENT ASSETS VERSUS CURRENT LIABILITIES, WHICH IN MY OPINION SHOULD BE PROVIDED MONTHLY (also required by the Charter). HOWEVER, I DO NOT BELIEVE TEBO HAS ANY IDEA ON BUDGETS OR CAPITAL PROGRAMS AND DEPENDS UPON PAM TOMLINSON WHO HAS NEVER HAD THE APPROPRIATE TRAINING WITH POSSIBLY ONLY A GED.
- Shall submit to the Town Council and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the Town as of the end of each fiscal year; The Town Manager shall submit the budget for the ensuing fiscal year in accordance with general law. THIS IS DONE BY A CPA WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND LOFT RESERVES AND WHO IS A FRIEND OF RHETT BULLARDS.
- The Town Manager’s message shall explain the proposed budget both in fiscal terms and in terms of capital programs. It shall outline the proposed financial policies of the Town for the ensuing fiscal year, describe the important features of the proposed budget, expenditures, and revenues together with the reason for such changes, summarize the Town’s debt position and include such other material as the Town Manager deems necessary and proper. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN SUCH AN UNDERTAKING BY STACY TEBO AND IN FACT I DO NOT BELIEVE THE COUNCILORS HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE STATE OF THE WHITE SPRINGS ECONOMY IS. EVERYTHING IS HANDLED BY THE CPA AND IN FACT, THE CPA STATES WE CAN SPEND 25% OF ANY OPERATIONS DONE FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PAYROLL WHEN THERE IS NO SUCH ACCOUNTING RULING, BUT ONE OBVIOUSLY MADE UP BY HIM, AND FURTHERMORE THE STATE TAKES OUT TWO PERCENT NOT 25% OF PAYROLL ASSOCIATED WITH THE ADMINISTRATION OF OPERATIONS OUTSIDE. SINCE STACY TEBO SUPPOSEDLY WAS INVOLVED WITH FINANCE IN DEBARY PRIOR TO BEING A DIRECT EMPLOYEE TO DAN PARROTT, THERE SHOULD BE NO EXCUSE THAT A MANAGER SUCH AS TEBO CANNOT BE ON TOP OF THE BUDGET. AND LET’S FACE IT, EVEN JOE GRIFFIN PROVIDED A BUDGET A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK TO SAVE THE TOWN MONEY, AND RHETT BULLARD AND HIS MINIONS AT THE TIME COULD NOT READ THE BUDGET AND UNDERSTAND IT.
- If at any time during the fiscal year, it appears to the Town Manager that revenues appropriated will be insufficient, he or she shall report to the Council without delay indicating the estimated amount of the deficit. The Town Manager shall suggest remedial action to be taken and recommend to the Town Council such other steps needed to reduce the deficit. The Town Council shall take further action to prevent or minimize a deficit and for that purpose may, by motion, reduce one (1) or more appropriations. THE TOWN MANAGER DOES NOT REPORT ANY DEFICITS TO THE BUDGET. THERE IS NO TRANSPARENCY TO COUNCIL MEMBERS AND RHETT BULLARD HAD GIVEN HER FURTHER AUTHORITY SO THAT SHE ACTED LIKE HIS SECRETARY AND WE BELIEVE IT IS BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND FINANCE AND THE FINANCE DIRECTOR PAM TOMLINSON HAS NEVER HAD A CLUE ABOUT PROVIDING THE INFORMATION.
- Make such other reports as the Town Council may require concerning the operation of Town departments, offices, and agencies, subject to the Town Manager’s direction and supervision. UNDER RHETT BULLARD, STACY TEBO PROVIDED NO TRANSPARENCY ABOUT THE STATE OF OUR FIRE DEPARTMENT, POLICE DEPARTMENTS OR ANY OTHER DEPARTMENTS. SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN AND HAD TO HAVE KNOWN THAT STEVE STITH AND THE FAVORED ANDREW GREENE HAD NO INTENTION OF PROVIDING FIRE PROTECTION TO WHITE SPRINGS. INSTEAD, TEBO LISTENED TO RHETT BULLARD, AND SPENCER LOFTON WAS TOO IGNORANT TO REALIZE THE TOWN DID NOT HAVE FIRE PROTECTION, AND AS A RESULT WE LOST THE MOST EXPERIENCED FIRE CHIEF IN THE HISTORY OF WHITE SPRINGS, KEVIN PITTMAN, ALONG WITH THE FIREFIGHTERS WHO WORKED FOR HIM. AND WHY DID THAT HAPPEN? BECAUSE ANDREW GREENE NEEDED A SHINY RED FIRE SUV FOR HIS PERSONAL USE FOR OVER TWO YEARS, FOR WHICH HE WAS GIVEN A STIPEND AND CREDIT CARDS BECAUSE HE WAS FAVORED BY RHETT BULLARD. ALTHOUGH COUNCILOR MCKENZIE WOULD ASK OCCASIONALLY ABOUT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT, HE DID NOT GO FAR ENOUGH BECAUSE HE WAS AFRAID TO LOSE HIS COUNCIL SEAT OR BE SUED. WE HOPE THAT NOW THAT TOM MOORE HAS BEEN ELECTED THAT MCKENZIE CAN PUT AWAY HIS FEARS AND SERVE THE PEOPLE OF WHITE SPRINGS BY BRINGING BACK OUR FIRE DEPARTMENT AS WELL AS OUR POLICE DEPARTMENT. THIS TOWN NEEDS ELECTED OFFICIALS WITH BACK BONES AND SO FAR THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN ON THE COUNCIL WITH BACKBONE AND WILLING TO SERVE THE PUBLIC HAS BEEN FORMER MAYOR AND COUNCILOR HELEN MILLER. WE ALSO KNOW THAT TOM MOORE LOVES THIS COMMUNITY AND HE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU AS WELL.
- Keep the Town Council fully advised as to the financial condition and future needs of the Town by providing a financial and budget progress report at each regular Council Meeting. THIS IS SOMETHING AS I MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY HAS NEVBER BEEN DONE BY STACY TEBO. IT IS NOT JUST THE PAYABLES THAT NEED TO BE SHOWN BUT THE INCOME AND WHERE THE MONEY IS COMING FROM AND WHERE WE ARE IN TERMS OF OUR BUDGET. FOR THIS REASON ALONE HER LACK OF HANDLING TOWN FINANCES SHOULD BE THE REASON FOR TEBO’S REMOVAL.
- Make recommendations to the Town Council concerning the affairs of the Town and all agenda items; IT IS A RARE SITUATION FOR STACY TEBO TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS TO ANYONE EXCEPT WHEN SOMEONE ASKS HER A QUESTION OF WHETHER THERE IS MONEY FOR A SPECIFIC REQUEST, AND THEN SHE ONLY RESPONDS WITH AN ANSWER. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS OUTSIDE OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS IS A RARE EVENT INDEED.
- Provide staff support services for the Mayor and Council members. THE ONLY COUNCILORS WHO HAVE HAD STAFF SUPPORT HAVE BEEN RHETT BULLARD, TONJA BROWN AND SPENCER LOFTON. IN FACT, EVEN THOUGH COUNCIL MEMBER MILLER ASKED FOR ASSISTANCE FOR AN EVENT BY MOVING CHAIRS AND TABLES, NOT ONLY WAS SHE REMOVED BUT CHARGED WITH MALFEASANCE. THERE HAS BEEN NO SUPPORT OF COUNCILWOMAN MILLER BY MS. TEBO, ONLY ATTACKS OF HER CHARACTER BY NOT ONLY TEBO, BUT LOFTON AND BULLARD. AND WHAT HAVE THESE THREE DONE? THEY HAVE DESTROYED WHITE SPRINGS AND NOW IT WILL BE UP TO MILLER, MOORE AND MCKENZIE TO TRY AND BRING WHITE SPRINGS BACK BECAUSE WE KNOW BROWN AND LOFTON ONLY KNOW HOW TO DESTROY THINGS AND BOTH ARE ABSOLUTE RACISTS.
- Shall be the purchasing agent of the Town for the purchase of all supplies and equipment in accordance with the approved Town Budget and shall also conduct all sales of surplus Town owned, seized or forfeited personal property which the Town Council may authorize to be sold as having become unnecessary or unfit to the Town’s use.All purchase and sales shall conform to such regulations as the Town Council may from time to time prescribe and shall allow for competition. These restrictions, limitations or criteria on this authority shall be established by ordinance, including but not limited to bidding requirements. TEBO HAS HAD NO RESTRICTIONS NOR HAS SHE EVER SOUGHT COUNCIL APPROVAL. SHE NOW HAS SOLD THE SCHOOL BUS WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN USED TO TRANSPORT THE CHILDREN OF WHITE SPRINGS, SHE GAVE AWAY OR SOLD THE WOOD SPLITTER, SO THAT THE PEOPLE OF WHITE SPRINGS COULD NOT HAVE WOOD TO HEAT THEIR HOMES DURING THE COLD SEASON SO THAT THE COUNTY COORDINATOR SUPPLIED HIS OWN WOOD SPLITTER TO HELP COUNCILOR MILLER, HER HUSBAND ED MILLER AND RICHARD TENNIS. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN LEFT TO STACY TEBO AND I AM POSITIVE EVEN THOUGH SHE WILL NOT BE BOTHERED BY MILLER OR MCKENZIE THAT SHE HAS LISTENED TO BULLARD, BROWN AND LOFTON…BUT THE TOWN HAS NEVER BEEN AWARE OF WHAT EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN SOLD OR GIVEN AWAY, EVEN THOUGH IT CAME FROM GRANTS FROM COUNCILWOMAN MILLER’S DONOR, AND PAID FOR BY THE TOWN.
- Shall make such recommendations to the Council as the Manager deems necessary or expedient in the interest of the Town relating to the adoption of ordinances and resolutions. Provided, that nothing herein contained shall prevent the Town Council in the exercise of its legislative functions and powers from calling into consultation the boards or departments and other officers and employees of the Town wherever, in the judgment of the Council, it may be necessary. Neither the Council nor any Council Member shall interfere with the conduct of any department head, officer or employee in the discharge of his or her duties. IT HAS BEEN THE COUNCIL WHO REQUIRES SUCH ADOPTION OF ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS. BUT THE LATTER PART OF THIS PARAGRAPH HAS HYPOCRISY. SPENCER LOFTON COULD INTERFERE WITH STACY TEBO MONDAY, WEDNESDAY OR FRIDAY, PLUS WORK ON TEBO’S BEHALF TO SO CALLEDLY NEGOTIATE ON THINGS HE HAS NO BUSINESS NEGOTIATING ON. APPARENTLY TEBO IS TOO WEEK A MANAGER. THEN RHETT BULLARD HAS BEEN PULLING THE STRINGS CONTINUALLY, TELLING TEBO WHAT SHE NEEDS TO DO EVEN FOR THE DETRIMENT OF THE CITIZENS. BUT LET HELEN MILLER “ASK” FOR ASSISTANCE or ASK FOR PAYMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS WHICH WERE PART OF THE GRANT CONTRACT AND OTHER CONTRACTS, AND THEY WILL YELL “MALFEASANCE. AS FOR BROWN SHE HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT MALFEASANCE IS BUT WILL DEFINITELY VOTE IN THE MANNER IN WHICH LOFTON AND BULLARD VOTE.
THERE WAS NO “INTERFERENCE” RELATING TO COUNCILOR MILLER’S “ASKS” YET THIS GROUP WAS FULL OF HYPOCRISY AND CAUSE MILLER MUCH PAIN, SLANDER AND DEFAMATION AS WELL AS MONETARY LOSS. IT’S A GOOD THING MOST OF US KNOW WHO THE BETTER ELECTED OFFICIAL IS AND VOTED HER IN AGAIN. FURTHERMORE, TRACY WOODARD, NEVER PLACED A DEFINITION FOR INTERFERENCE WHICH THERE IS ONE BY STATUTE, SO UNTIL THAT IS DONE, PEOPLE LIKE STACY TEBO, RHETT BULLARD, SPENCER LOFTON AND TONJA BROWN CAN CLAIM INTERFERENCE FOR JUST SOMEONE ASKING FOR HELP. WHAT A JOKE! YET TONJA BROWN CAN VISIT TEBO IN HER OFFICE AND CHAT FOR HOURS.
- Shall perform such other duties as are specified in this Charter or may be required by the Town Council. TEBO WILL DO NO MORE THAN SHE HAS TO AND ONLY WILL DO WHAT IS SPECIFIED BY CERTAIN COUNCILORS.
- By letter filed with the Town Clerk, the Town Manager shall designate a Town officer to exercise the powers and perform the duties of Town Manager during the Manager’s temporary absence or disability.The Town Council may revoke such designation at any time and appoint another officer of the Town to serve until the Town Manager returns STACY TEBO HAS ALWAYS TAKEN A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME FOR HER OWN PERSONAL USE, BUT PAM TOMLINSON WILL NOT HELP ANYONE AND TEBO SEEMS TO BE OKAY WITH THAT BECAUSE NORMALLY TEBO HAS LEFT THE ADMIN IN CHARGE OF THE ENTIRE OFFICE WHETHER IT WAS ANITA OR YVONNE.
- The Town Manager may be suspended by a resolution approved by the majority of the total membership of the Town Council which shall set forth the reasons for suspension and proposed removal. (WHERE DOES ONE SEND A SUSPENSION NOTICE TO TEBO; ORANGE CITY OR LAKE CITY – BET HER DRIVER’S LICENSE IS STILL ORANGE CITY)A copy of such resolution shall be served immediately upon the Town Manager by registered mail. The Town Manager shall have fifteen (15) days IN WHICH TO REPLY THERETO IN WRITING AND UPON REQUEST, SHALL BE AFFORDED A PUBLIC HEARING WHICH SHALL BE CONVENED BY THE Town Council not earlier than ten (10) days, no later than fifteen (15) days after such hearing is requested. After the public hearing, if one is requested and after full consideration, the Town Council by a four-fifths vote of its total membership may adopt a final resolution of removal. The Town Manager shall continue to receive full salary until the effective date of a final resolution of removal. TEBO IS SAFE FOR NOW EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS BREACHED HER CONTRACT AND THE TOWN CHARTER. THE REASON IS THAT SPENCER LOFTON AND TONJA BROWN WOULD PROTECT HER ON BEHALF OF RHETT BULLARD.
- Shall be responsible for the supervision and direction of all departments, agencies or officers of the Town. All departments, offices and agencies under the direction and supervision of the Manager shall be administered by an officer appointed by and subject to the direction and supervision of the Manager. With the consent of the Town Council, the Manager may serve as the head of one (1) or more departments, offices or agencies or may appoint one (1) person as the head of two (2) or more of them. AS THE TOWN MANAGER, TEBO SHOULD NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO HIRE OR FIRE ANYONE FROM THE FIRE DEPARTMENT NOR SUPERVISE THE FIRE DEPARTMENT UNLESS SHE WISHES TO BECOME AND TAKE PART AS A CERTIFIED FIREFIGHTER. CURRENTLY THE POLICE DEPARTMENT IS UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE TOWN COUNCIL AND THE COUNCIL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIRING AND FIRING THE CHIEF. WHEN TRACY WOODARD MADE THE CHANGES RELATING TO THE CHARTER, OBVIOUSLY SHE DOESN’T CARE WHETHER WE HAVE A FIRE DEPARTMENT SO OBVIOUSLY THIS WAS NEVER CORRECTED.
- All appointments and promotions of Town officers, except those specifically exempted by ordinance shall be made solely on the basis of merit and fitness demonstrated by examination or other evidence of competence and to this end, the Council shall by resolution, establish personnel procedures and policies. DURING RHETT BULLARD’S TENURE, NOTHING WAS ACCOMPLISHED ON THE BASIS OF MERIT AND FITNESS. THE WORST OF THE WORST WERE HIRED IN MOST CASES, THE GOOD PEOPLE REMOVED, AND THERE HASN’T BEEN ONE CHANGE TO THE PERSONNEL PROCEDURES BUT INSTEAD THE PERSONNEL PROCEDURES HAVE NOT BEEN FOLLOWED WHATSOEVER UNDER MANAGER TEBO AND THERE ARE NO JOB DESCRIPTIONS WITH VARYING GRADES OF PAY BASED UPON THE TYPE OF JOB PERFORMED.
- The Manager shall develop and keep current an Administrative code for the purpose of implementing ordinances passed by the Town Council. WE HAVE A COMMITTEE OR HAVE HAD A COMMITTEE BUT NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE FOR OLD ORDINANCES, ORDINANCES WHICH DO NOT APPLY, ORDINANCES WHICH APPLY ONLY TO GRIFFIN, AND ALTHOUGH WE PAY TEN THOUSAND OR MORE FOR CODIFICATION, WHERE ARE ALL THE ORDINANCES WHICH SHOULD BE PLACED IN BINDERS. ONE HAS TO FIND ORDINANCES, ATTACHED TO THE MEETING BECAUSE OUR TOWN CLERKS CAN’T MAKE ANOTHER COPY TO PLACE IN A BOOK. STACY TEBO HAS NEVER ORGANIZED ANY OF THIS MESS AND FRANKLY SINCE THIS TOWN HAS VERY LITTLE HAPPENING, IT IS TIME SHE DID SOMETHING BESIDES SIT IN HER OFFICE AND DO NOTHING.
- The Police Chief shall be responsible to and report to the Town Manager. The Town Council shall have the sole hiring and termination authority for the Police Chief. WITH THE TOWN COUNCIL HAVING THE SOLE HIRING AND TERMINATION AUTHORITY OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT, SUCH AUTHORITY SHOULD ALSO BE GIVEN THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. ALTHOUGH THE TOWN MANAGER IS TO BE THE CEO FOR OUR TOWN AND COUNCILORS ONLY HAVE THE AUTHORITY AS A WHOLE BODY, THE TOWN MANAGER, UNLESS SHE HAS POLICE OR FIREFIGHTER CREDENTIALS SHOULD NOT BE MICROMANAGING A FIRE DEPARTMENT, SHE SHOULD BE ORDERING SUPPLIES, BRINGING REQUISITIONS TO THE COUNCIL OVER $2,500 AND SHE SHOULD KEEP HER NOSE OUT OF THEIR EVERYDAY DUTIES.
- The Town shall prepare a Comprehensive Land Use plan which shall be in compliance with general law. The Comprehensive Land Use Plan when approved by the Town Council shall serve as the Town’s long term growth and expansion control plan……The Town Manager shall chair the committee. The other four (4) members shall be electors of the Town. This committee may utilize the services of professional land use planners to accomplish these tasks as necessary. WHAT LAND USE? THE TOWN HAS SUCH A BAD REPUTATION THAT NO ONE WISHES TO MOVE HERE, PLUS THE FACT THAT SINCE RHETT BULLARD’S TENURE, THERE ISN’T EVEN A DECENT INFRASTRUCTURE. AND WHAT DOES STACY DO? SHE’S HOMESICK, DOESN’T LIKE THE PEOPLE OF WHITE SPRINGS OR THE TOWN? WON’T TALK TO ANYONE SHE DOESN’T HAVE TO AND FRANKLY HAS BEEN A WASTE OF TOWN MONEY. and everyone feels she will sue not to win or could she win with so many breaches to her duties and under her contract, like in the DeBary case, but to cost the town money in attorney fees.
- The hours of operation for each Department shall be determined by the Town Manager and Department Head in accordance with the needs of the Town. Work schedules may vary according to the needs of the individual department, subject to the approval of the Department Head and the Town Manager. THIS IS ALL WELL AND GOOD FOR ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF BUT THE CHARTER NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED WITH RESPECT TO POLICE OFFICER SCHEDULES AND SCHEDULES RELATING TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT WHICH SHOULD BE HANDLED BY THE RESPECTIVE CHIEF.
RHETT BULLARD HAS ADVISED TEBO AND GIVEN HER FAR TOO MUCH POWER TO THE DETRIMENT OF WHITE SPRINGS. AND PEOPLE LIKE TRACY WOODARD DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE.
- Recruiting efforts to fill current or projected vacancies shall be the responsibility of the Town Manager. SHE’S THE BEST AT HIRING THE WORST OF THE WORSE AND FIRING THE BEST OF THE BEST.
- The Town Manager shall have the responsibility for the administration and maintenance of the Classification Plan and Salary Schedule.The Classification Plan will be audited on a regular schedule and modified if needed. Amendments or modifications to the Pay and Classification Plan shall be approved by the Council upon a recommendation from the Town Manager. I BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE PAY BASED UPON MERIT AND UPON THE JOB CLASSIFICATION. HERE, PEOPLE LIKE PAM TOMLINSON, WHO IS INEFFICIENT, CAN GET THE SAME INCREASES AS AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HANDLES A POSITION IN AN EXEMPLARY MANNER. STACY WAS SUING DEBARY FOR CLASSIFICATION PLANS BUT SHE SURE DOESN’T ADHERE TO WHAT SHE’S COMPLAINING ABOUT IN WHITE SPRINGS. HYPOCRITES !!!
- Upon approval of the Town Manager, a placement within the range of up to 10% above the minimum may be negotiated by the Department Head based on verified related experience or education which exceeds the minimum requirement for the position. Such experience or educational qualifications must be documented and included in the employee personnel file and hiring documents. Upon the written recommendation of the Department Head, the Town Manager may consider placing an individual at more than 10% above the minimum of the salary schedule when the combination of experience and education is above the minimum requirements. CERTAIN PEOPLE ARE FAVORED FOR VERY LITTLE WORK PERFORMED AND OTHERS WHO ARE NOT FAVORED WHO WORK VERY HARD ARE NOT GIVEN THE SAME SALARY AND BENEFITS.
- The Town Manager shall analyze the new position requested by the Department Heads and recommend to the Department Head the appropriate title and rate of pay in accordance with the Town’s Classification Plan.The request, with the Town Manager’s recommendations shall then be submitted for budget approval during the normal budget process. The creation of new positions within the existing fiscal budget year, causing a need to amend the current budget, is discouraged….THE ADMIN POSITION WAS CHANGED TO INCLUDE BILLING OF THE ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT AND MANY ACCOUNTING AND CLERICAL DUTIES BUT THERE WAS NEVER AN APPROPRIATE RATE OF PAY AND JUST AN ADMIN TITLE WHEN THE CHARTER CALLS FOR A “TOWN CLERK”. IN THE MEANTIME, PAM, BECAUSE OF LONGEVITY WITH TOWN HALL, EVEN THOUGH SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE IS GIVEN MAJOR TITLES AND DOES VERY LITTLE TO EARN THOSE TITLES BUT IS PROBABLY THE HIGHEST PAID AT TOWN HALL OUTSIDE OF THE TOWN MANAGER.
- The Department head may request a rate adjustment. This request may be submitted to the Town Manager for approval.
- Employees in exempt positions may submit a request to the Town Manager for compensatory time to be granted for excess hours. Compensatory time for Exempt employees shall be on an hour and a half per hour basis (1 ½ hours comp time earned for each hour worked over 40 hours). Upon approval of the compensatory time, the employee may not accumulate more than 24 hours without further approval by the Town Manager.
- Regular non-exempt employees who have received prior approval to work overtime, shall be granted either compensatory time at the rate of one and one-half (1 ½) times for each overtime hour worked or cash payment for overtime worked at the rate of one and one-half (1 ½) times that employee’s regular hourly rate of pay. The maximum accumulation of compensatory leave is 24 hours. Overtime worked after the accumulation of the 24 hours shall be paid directly to the employee and be included in the regular pay check unless otherwise authorized by the Town Manager.
- If the employee does not receive timely written response from the Department Head, or the employee is unsatisfied with the decision of the Department Head, the employee may then appeal to the Town Manager. The appeal to the Town Manager shall take place within ten (10) working days of receipt of the decision of the Department Head. If the Department Head does not provide written response within the prescribed time, their lack of response shall be considered a denial of the appeal and the employee should proceed with their appeal to the Town Manager.
- A termination may be appealed directly to the Town Manager’s Office within fifteen (15) days of written notification of the termination. Upon receipt of the appeal, the Town Manager shall initiate a Hearing Council Review. The Hearing Council shall meet with the employee and the Department Head, give them an opportunity to explain their respective positions, listen to any witnesses they wish to present, call any witnesses the Hearing Council feels will be helpful in making its recommendation, review all documents submitted and make a recommendation to the Town Manager. The town Manager shall have the final decision in the matter. THERE WAS NO HEARING COUNCIL FOR JOHN PEELER WHEN THE TOWN MANAGER TOOK FIRE DEPARTMENT DONATIONS AND FUND RAISING MONEY IN THE AMOUNT OF $10,000 AND THE MANAGER FIRED PEELER AS A RESULT. THERE WAS NO HEARING FOR FIRE CHIEF PITTMAN WHEN HE WAS FORCED TO RESIGN FOR NO LOGICAL REASON THERE WAS NO HEARING FOR ANITA RIVERS BUT THAT IS BECAUSE RHETT BULLARD HAS REMAINED IN CONTROL WITH HIS PUPPETS.
- All appeals or grievances must be in written form. Employees may request assistance from the Town Manager’s Office regarding grievance procedures and this guidance may be provided during the employee’s regular working time with no loss of pay. ANITA RIVERS MADE A GRIEVANCE AND BECAUSE WE HAD TO PROTECT STACY TEBO IT COST US $26,000 APPROXIMATELY AND FRANKLY SINCE TEBO ALLOWED HER STAFF MEMBERS TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST RIVERS, SHE WAS RESPONSIBLE.
- Procedure for Termination-The Town Manager will review the request and consider the recommendations of the Department Head. The Town Manager may call a conference with the employee and/or the Department Head or investigate the matter to whatever extent he or she feels necessary. Upon approval by the Town Manager, the signed Notice of Termination shall be delivered to the employee in person, if possible. A copy shall also be mailed certified-return receipt requested to the employee’s last known address.
- All Employee layoffs will be approved by the Town Manager
It may be interesting to know that a FULL TIME EMPLOYEE is defined as an employee who works on a continuing basis 32 hours or more a week. Therefore it appears a four day is acceptable to all employees; yet as to the Town Manager, the contractual agreement does not stipulate only a four day week as stated previously.
It also stipulates “The White Springs Council advocates of the concept that the quality of public service can attain maximum efficiency and effectiveness through a personnel management system based on merit principles” Really?
“It is the policy of the Town to expect the employees to comply with all rules and regulations of the Town, State Statutes, and federal regulations in the performance of their duties, as well as compliance with all safety rules and standards. Any employee who violates any of these rules and regulations shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to, but not necessarily including termination of employment.” THERE HAS BEEN A PRECEDENT TO NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS AND THE COUNCIL HAS ACCEPTED THE PRECEDENT. FURTHERMORE THE TOWN EMPLOYEES MAY TREAT CITIZENS AS RUDELY AS THEY CAN WITHOUT REPERCUSSION.
God Help the Good councilors that have to deal with Town Manager Tebo.