White Springs Town Council Election
April 24, 2018
For 3 Council Seats
I am a candidate for the upcoming Town Council Election on Tuesday, April 24, 2018. My goals are to restore a positive working relationship among Council members, and to create more opportunities for citizen input to Council members and the Town Manager on issues of community concern. Our overall goal must be working together to create a better today and a better future for each and every citizen in the Town of White Springs.
We face a number of community concerns & opportunities. Our Council agenda needs to focus on:
- properly spending gas tax revenue on road and street repairs and improvements,
- reducing water and sewer rates by 20%
- restoration and support of a properly staffed & equiped Fire Rescue,
- supporting supervised summer programs for our children.
- delivering objective and fair mediation of water / sewer infrastructure issues between residents and town management.
- delivering positive response from law enforcement to citizen complaints about drug manufacturing & dealing and other criminal activity
- enforcing codes that help the community improve physical appearance, investment opportunities and safety.
- Supporting our existing businesses and providing support to entrepreneurs who are willing to invest in our community, and
- respecting each and every citizen, their views and concerns.
We have the resources to address all our problems and all our opportunities, if we chose to make them our priorities. The purpose of town government is to manage our tax and enterprise funds in the most efficient and effective manner possible, and to provide the highest quality services for the lowest possible cost – for each and every citizen. Each Council Member takes an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution, the Florida Constitution, all federal and state laws and court rulings, and the Town Charter. This oath requires that due process is afforded to all members of our community.
White Springs is my home. My goal is to continue to do what I can to make my home a better place for me and my family, and to make White Springs a better home for you and your family. I ask for your vote – one of three that you are able to cast – so that we can work together to make our White Springs a better place to live, work and play.
Thank you for your consideration and support!
Remember to VOTE for Helen B. Miller
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Voting Station – White Springs Library 16403 Jewett Street
7 am to 7 pm
Political advertisement paid for and approved by Helen B. Miller for Town Council.