YOU FEEL RHETT BULLARD AND TONJA BROWN HAVE FAITHFULLY DISCHARGED THEIR DUTIES AS TOWN OFFICIALS? DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THESE TWO HAVE YOUR’ INTERESTS? PERHAPS IT IS TIME TO TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS. REMEMBER, YOU DO NOT SERVE THE TOWN OFFICIALS. THEY INSTEAD ARE TO SERVE YOU, THE PEOPLE OF WHITE SPRINGS.
- Rhett Bullard allowed our Town Manager to work a four day week in lieu of a five day plus work week without Council approval costing the citizens $11,000 for the first year.
- Rhett Bullard allowed our Town Manager to breach her contract and the Town Charter by letting our Town Manager live in Orange City and commute to White Springs; without council approval. When Rhett Bullard was caught in a lie that our Town Manager had doctor’s appointments every Monday for a year, his face turned red, speaking frantically especially when he found he was being recorded.
- The Florida Ethics committee stated that the complaint made against Rhett Bullard may indicate a possible violation of Section 112.313(6) but the Rudd Amendment did not allow the ethics committee to proceed because the complaint concerned internal managerial employment issues of the Town, better suited to be addressed by the Town Council or forums other than the Commission on Ethics. Since Rhett Bullard is in collusion with Council Woman Tonja Brown and Councilman Willie Jefferson, Bullard escaped any disciplinary actions.
- Rhett Bullard and Tonja Brown do not consider the Children of White Springs a priority. Former Mayor Helen Miller and former Superintendent of Schools Tom Moffses secured the Department of Juvenile Justice Invest in Children funding which Rhett Bullard, Tonja Brown and Willie Jefferson along with our Town Manager delayed action and votes so that we lost our funding of some $60,000 for the after school program..
- Two years prior when Rhett Bullard was running for office, he indicated to the council that the Sewer Bill had to be reduced by $5.00 a month. It was reduced because your vote is worth only $5.00 a month.
- Joe Griffin provided a budget which Rhett Bullard and Tonja Brown ignored. The budget would have saved $100,000 so that the Citizen’s sewer rate could be reduced dramatically or it could have been used to make necessary repairs. These two officials do not wish to reduce the sewer rate because they would prefer using thousands of dollars from the Sewer and Water Fund to have more money in the General Fund.
- Because some of our water pipes may contain asbestos per a former councilman, there needs to be sewer and water piping repairs. The Town was attempting to secure a $3,000,000 grant loan but the Town required $250,000 from the HCDA since they were unable to save money from the Sewer and Water account. At the meeting Joe Griffin provided information on how prior money was squandered on projects that did not benefit all the citizens. Griffin stated that the HCDA should provide the $250,000 with a condition that the Town should reduce the sewer rate. One Board Member said White Springs did not have skin in the game. Yet Rhett Bullard is the attorney for the HCDA and his aunt has provided money previously. The HCDA only provided $25,000 the following year. Our Sewer rate never was reduced, and with the Council using the high sewer rates in the general fund, the sewer and water repairs will not be done.
- The Carver School is listed as a Historic Site in the State of Florida. Yet, even though the asbestos has been removed and the school could be renovated, Rhett Bullard, our Town Manager and Tonja Brown have set the Carver School up for demolition in an application to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity ( DEO) for a FFY 2016 Small Cities Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) of $600,000 in the neighborhood revitalization category. None of the Published Notices stated that in order to build the Community Center, the Carver School would have to be demolished.
- Rhett Bullard and Tonja Brown made certain the Citizens were not asked what their needs may be and the Citizen’s Advisory Task Force (CATF) meeting of 12/19/2016 as well as the first public hearing were advertised in the Gainesville Sun so there would be no public participation. The CATF nor the notice of Public Hearing stated a Community Center would be built if we received the Grant award. The Second public hearing was advertised in the Lake City Reporter and indicated the specifications of a community center but DID NOT STATE THE CARVER SCHOOL WOULD HAVE TO BE DEMOLISHED It was intentional to not include the notices in the Jasper News, on the part of Rhett Bullard, Tonja Brown and Willie Jefferson to ascertain a community center would be built on the site of the Carver School. This proves the Citizens have no voice, only the officials.
- Ms Tonja Brown has never made a decision on her own but instead works in conjunction with Rhett Bullard and Willie Jefferson outside of the Sunshine Laws of the State of Florida (Not at meetings). Brown treats other Citizens poorly and will even fight for chairs and tables, treating the individual who rented the Community Center poorly. What has she done for you?.
- Rhett Bullard feels no one has a constitutional right to state their grievances and follows only the laws which he feels are beneficial. Even though the Town Charter and the Town Attorney have stipulated Roberts’Rules of Order must be followed, Rhett chooses to ignore the Law. When told that Complaints which pertain to the Law must be read in accord with Roberts’ Rules of Order, Rhett Bullard simply stated “You want us to admit we are not following the Law?”. That states an abundance about Rhett Bullard honesty and ethics. “Lawyers holding public office assume legal responsibilities going beyond those of other citizens. A lawyer’s abuse of public office can suggest an inability to fulfill the professional role of attorney.” This is in accordance with the Florida Bar.
REMINDER – DON’T VOTE EARLY. THE LAST TIME THESE TWO RAN, THE VOTING BOX WAS REMOVED AND THE VOTES CHANGED.