On 12 February 2019 the Town Council did have a meeting, open to the public.
At this meeting two major things happened from my perspective.
First was that the Town Council did approve Town Resolution 19-03. Such resolution was to be valid upon passing, that is immediately upon passing, that is at the meeting.
As most of you know the Town is infamous for operating out of the Sunshine. In 20 years this was the first step they have ever taken to allow Citizens to “speak their mind” on a subject on the agenda. Now to be fair they have always had a 5-minute period “at the beginning” of every meeting sans Workshops. Often they have cut the five minutes short, the last time happening in December 2018 when Spencer only gave me 3 minutes and 56 seconds to voice my concern. His cutting me short was a lie and is typical of Spencer and his grasp of open government.
Nevertheless they passed the Resolution by a 5-0 vote. Here is what it said in part: Section 6 (2), (3) and (4).
(2) “Presentations and Comments on a Town Council Agenda Item. Individuals who wish to address the Town Council on agenda items where public presentations are permitted shall address the Town Council after the Staff and applicant input, if any and prior to the Town Council deliberations of the Town Council Agenda item. Individuals shall not address the Town Council after commencement of Town Council deliberations on a agenda item after public input has concluded; however, the Mayor and the Town Council have the discretion to recall individuals to provide additional information or to answer questions.
(3) Time Limitations: Members of the public shall be allowed five (5) minutes for the comments during citizens from the floor for any issue not on the Town Council agenda. Members of the public shall be allowed five(5) minutes for comment on any item that is listed on the Town Council meeting and workshop agendas.
(4) Submission of Written Statements and Other Documentation: The Town Council encourages the submission of written statements and documents in lieu of or in addition to oral testimony or comment,”
Section 11: “Effective Date. This resolution shall take effect immediately.”
I decided to test them on their truthfulness. Rhett and Tonja having a problem with TRUTH.
Second thing that happened. The next item on the agenda was the Local Option Fuel Tax discussion. I had four Attorney General’s Opinions that said that the Local Option Fuel Tax must be in a restricted fund and spent only on Roads and Streets. We as a town have NEVER followed State Statute 336.025 which says the portion about Restrictive Funds and Only being allowed for Transportation Expenditures. I also had copies of the State Statute 336.025 for the Council’s information.
Rhett turned BRIGHT RED (meaning he is lying) at the thought that someone would question his opinion of the placement in the Budget and authorized expenses of the Local Option Fuel TAX money. They wouldn’t let me speak and when I brought up Resolution 19-03, which they just passed not 5 minutes before. they threw me out of the meeting with a police officer GRABBING my elbow and spinning me around. That’s a story of ASSULT for another day. I have pictures of my bruised elbow but again that is a story for another day.
Back to the story. They passed Resolution 2019-03. As you can tell from the above quotes, I encourage you to get a copy of the Resolution itself either from me or better yet from Pam at town hall, they violated their own Resolution.
- They, the Council, was discussing an item on the agenda, the LOCAL OPTION FUEL TAX (LOFT). IT WAS ON THE AGENDA. GET THE ADGENDA FROM PAM IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME.
- They, the council, had just passed, not five (5) minutes before.
- “Individuals who wish to address the Town Council on agenda items where public presentations are permitted shall address the Town Council after the Staff and applicant input, if any and prior to the Town Council deliberations of the Town Council Agenda item.”
- I tried to address them BEFORE they went into deliberations.
- They the council, with Rhett and Tonja leading the way, wouldn’t let me address them on the subject of LOFT IN EXACT VIOLATION of Resolution 19-03.
- I did not wish to speak to them for more than Five (5) minutes, again EXACT WORDS OF RESOLUTION 19-03. In fact they wouldn’t let me speak at all.
- Quoting 19-03 “The Town Council encourages the submission of written statements and documents in lieu of or in addition to oral testimony or comment,”
- As I was being assaulted by the police officer my wife grabbed the sheets of paper, the FOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL OPINIONS AND Florida Statute 336.025, the statute that covers uses of LOFT funds and tried to give them to the Mayor. He wouldn’t take them. So much for ENCOURAGES them.
- After being forcibly turned around by the Police Officer my wife likewise was thrown out of the meeting with her sin, the same as mine, trying to give the Mayor written documents in addition to oral comment.
- To throw someone out of a meeting they, the Council, must vote on the removal, Town Resolution 19-03. They didn’t but it was evident that Rhett and Tonja were in favor of booting Karin and I rather than hear what I had to say, my five (5) minutes. Again quoting 18-03: Members of the public shall bee allowed five(5) minutes for comment on any item that is listed on the Town Council meeting and workshop agendas.
The Resolution was binding on all parties, especially the Council, since they just, not five minutes before voted the Resolution in. Tonja can’t read so her silence might be excused but Rhett is an attorney and he should have protected the law, the Resolution, from being violated. But he did no such thing. He, Tonja and Spencer all wanted us, my wife and I, gone so that we wouldn’t have a platform to show them the law and the Attorney General’s Opinion. Walter, playing dumb because he had never read the Resolution before it was voted on, played dumb and Helen, afraid of being booted from the Council again, sat silent although she had read the Resolution before it Passed.
The Sunshine means nothing to the Council and even less to Tonja and Rhett. In the Election in April, I say vote them off of the Council. Perhaps we could get someone who could read (Tonja) and also get someone who is not afraid of being WRONG as Rhett is.
Money from the LOFT funds will undoubtedly be used to defend Rhett and Tonja when the issue goes to Judge Sonny SCAFF, Hamilton County Judge who has jurisdiction because of Florida Statute 34.01.
If you question anything I have said I encourage you to get an audio copy of the Minutes from Pam.
It is a travesty. All people who vote for Rhett and Tonja must like CROOKS, LIARS AND YES THIEVES FOR THEIR COUNCIL MEMBERS. Rhett AND Tonja are incapable of following the LAW even though they just made the LAW the LAW.